Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 06:36 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,673 times

Advertisements

When someone finds the perfect Utopian city let me know....

Old 10-20-2008, 06:40 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,365,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Fingaz View Post
I also don't understand why anyone would take personally the opinions or thoughts of others expressed in this forum. As far as I'm concerned, if you don't like it, don't read it! If there's a discussion about cultural events for instance, and I happen to have had a direct experience at the said event, I'm going to give my opinion on it. If it's like any of the cultural events I've yet to experience here (which have been extremely disappointing), you bet I will express my dissatisfaction with them.

If this gets under your skin, perhaps it has something to do with your own insecurities regarding your beloved city.
Cop out. The "don't read it" argument doesn't always work. Some topic titles are not always indicative of a "bash". Some topics evolve into bashing.... that's a sneak attack....regardless of what is being "bashed". I suppose the reader needs to beware....anything goes....to a point.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:43 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,288,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Well, you're new here, so you probably haven't realized that those that are bashing SA are the type that would find things to bash no matter where they are. Don't take it so seriously.
I agree, I would also like to add that every city gets its fair share of bashing.
And while some cities have some particularly notorious posters, that you shouldn't take what they say at heart.
It is much harder to create something then tear it down, in other words everyone can criticize but it take someone brilliant to construct.
So in a not so rude way, I am essentially telling you to get over it. Not because I disagree with you but because you are telling people who have been here a while nothing new.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:52 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,779,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmy View Post
I liked san antonio for the first two years I am really starting to hate it... break ins, overload of fast food restaurants, a ross on every corner, too much heat, bad drivers, poorly planned highways. oh yeah and bugs!!!
Firstly... What's wrong with Ross? lol

Second, there's 10 in the entire city, hard to have one on every corner if there's only ten. A bit of hyperbole from you I would assume?

Last edited by lemonfresh; 10-20-2008 at 07:03 PM..

Old 10-20-2008, 06:53 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,779,800 times
[quote=5Fingaz;5775667]I also don't understand why anyone would take personally the opinions or thoughts of others expressed in this forum. As far as I'm concerned, if you don't like it, don't read it! If there's a discussion about cultural events for instance, and I happen to have had a direct experience at the said event, I'm going to give my opinion on it. If it's like any of the cultural events I've yet to experience here (which have been extremely disappointing), you bet I will express my dissatisfaction with them.

Quote:
If this gets under your skin, perhaps it has something to do with your own insecurities regarding your beloved city.
The same way people challenging your opinion gets under your skin, is that some tpye of insecurity on your part too?

It goes both ways 5fingaz.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:56 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
What's wrong with Ross? Firstly... lol

Second, there's 10 in the entire city, hard to have one on every corner if there's only ten. A bit of hyperbole from you I would assume?
I was going to mention if he or she knew where the ROSS on my corner is cause I cant seem to find it anywhere and I damn sure would like to know where its at!

Old 10-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times
I see no point in continuing this discussion. Far too many angry posts here contain the word "you" or "your" in them and that can only lead to personal attacks. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio