Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2008, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,842 times

Advertisements

All I have are photos of a home to go by...is this a nice area?..I read about traffic problems already...I'm from New York originally so I'm used to crazy traffic..but other than that..is the area nice? What's to do there?

And here's a crazy question...Ive read so much about Scorpions being a problem down there..is there a bad problem in that are?

Anything about the are at all would be appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 05:06 PM

431 posts, read 1,204,051 times
Great neighborhood. Traffic is bad during rush hour, but it is not that far out compared to most neighborhoods up 281 north, so just remind yourself of that notion every time you are in stop-n-go traffic.

Scorpions used to be fairly prevalent around there...they may have calmed down a bit over the years. I would say it all depends on what part of the neighborhood you are looking at...the older areas probably (20 to 30 yr homes) have less of an issue regarding scorpions.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:45 PM

759 posts, read 3,689,421 times
I would agree that Encino Park is a wonderful neighborhood, very well established and friendly. Lots of mature trees.... house aren't cookie cutter (I'm talking about the older section, the ORIGINAL Encino Park.)

I would not think scorpions would be a huge issue at all.... more like a non-issue IMO. They are usually seen in brand spankin' new areas where their habitat has been recently disrupted. (I think... someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

Old 10-21-2008, 08:12 PM

734 posts, read 3,015,619 times
It all depends on where you are moving. All of Encino Park is a good area. Some homes are newer than others. I would say that in the established neighborhoods, as long as you don't back up to a greenbelt you shouldn't have a problem with scorpions. But you will still probably see one or two.

As far as traffic, it's bad at times. Encino Park is locked between 281 and Bulverde, both roads that back up due to rush hour and school traffic. You have to learn the times to go, and sometimes it's a matter of minutes like on Evan's around the time when Tejeda starts. 7:50-8:20 is the worst along there. Near the Elementary schools it about 7:20-7:40.

The area is great. Established neighborhoods, good schools, lots of trees (in most neighborhoods) and overall great HOA with tons of activities (if you are buying in the actual Encino Park.) Even if you are looking in one of the surrounding neighborhoods, they are all still great.

Welcome!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:48 PM

141 posts, read 508,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignGirl View Post
All I have are photos of a home to go by...is this a nice area?..I read about traffic problems already...I'm from New York originally so I'm used to crazy traffic..but other than that..is the area nice? What's to do there?

And here's a crazy question...Ive read so much about Scorpions being a problem down there..is there a bad problem in that are?

Anything about the are at all would be appreciated! Thanks!

it's a nice area, and as mentioned you probably won't have many, if any issues with scorpions at all. they were probably more of an issue when the area was more of a rustic area, but with the growth out there they're probably a non issue. the traffic may be the most frustrating aspect for you, as it is for most. i used to have friends who lived out that way and it was an issue then and it may or may not be worse now. overall it's a great area.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:07 PM

330 posts, read 936,873 times
Hi Design Girl, Welcome to Texas! I too am from NY and have been in Canyon Springs/Stone Oak for about 2yrs now. I live just north of Encino Park and believe me ... yes there is traffic but nothing like NY. This traffic moves (slowly) but moves maybe you will find about a 10-15 min delay. Also Encino Park and the surrounding areas are safe, very pretty with lots of trees and we have great stores in our area. Hope this helps if U have any other questions email me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio