Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 08:01 AM

109 posts, read 517,856 times

Advertisements

Where are the best places in San Antonio to take a toddler on Halloween?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 08:11 AM

778 posts, read 2,502,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddys2 View Post
Where are the best places in San Antonio to take a toddler on Halloween?

Thanks!
Apparently, SA tradition dictates that you load up all the kids on your block into the station wagon or minivan, then drive them over to a nicer neighborhood than the one you live in so they can get better candy.

So if you live in Stone Oak, you pack your kids up in the Hummer and take them to the Dominion. If you live over in the John Jay area, you pack them up in the neighbor's old Grand Prix and drop them off in the GNW area. Naturally, folks from the Northwest side load up their kids in the back of the F-150 and head off to Stone Oak.

Good times.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:22 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,021,548 times
It might be easier to direct you to a great place if we knew what side of town you are on. This way we can look at the grid SC has drawn up and find you the Snickers fun size instead of the black and orange taffys.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:26 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,448,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
Apparently, SA tradition dictates that you load up all the kids on your block into the station wagon or minivan, then drive them over to a nicer neighborhood than the one you live in so they can get better candy.

So if you live in Stone Oak, you pack your kids up in the Hummer and take them to the Dominion. If you live over in the John Jay area, you pack them up in the neighbor's old Grand Prix and drop them off in the GNW area. Naturally, folks from the Northwest side load up their kids in the back of the F-150 and head off to Stone Oak.

Good times.
Toooo funny!!! (But true!) Hummm....when we lived in Hawaii the kids wanted to hit the highrise Condos...more doors in less time...and elevators to boot! (We did not let the, but they sure had it all planned out! )

If I had a toddler, I would be in my area for actual trick or treating...but for fun for them, I would take them to SeaWorld where they have lots of fun things going on...

My portion of Westcreek is all cul-de-sac's and most of us original owners...all the kiddos are grown for all of us and we LOVE getting to see the grandkids with the grandma's and pa's once a year at least!

Old 10-25-2008, 12:03 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,615,008 times
My church, Oxford United Methodist, is having a trunk-or-treat type of thing on Halloween. They'll have trunk-or-treating and games for kids. It starts at 6:00 and ends at 9:00.

Click on "Newsletter" and you can find more information about the trunk-or-treat - I think they're calling it "Slime Time" or some such.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:39 PM

269 posts, read 745,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
It might be easier to direct you to a great place if we knew what side of town you are on. This way we can look at the grid SC has drawn up and find you the Snickers fun size instead of the black and orange taffys.

hmmm, wondering if you saw my shopping at Costco

Old 10-25-2008, 06:51 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,448,856 times
Hey, remember those cheapie peanut butter kinds of black and orange taffy....I LIKED those!

(Guess that tells you what side of SA I grew up in....)

Old 10-25-2008, 06:55 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,021,548 times
Paka must have Sapphire on ignore.

The black and orange taffies were OK but nothing beats a Snickers fun size, especially a refrigerated Snickers fun size. I think the fine folks in Stone Oak let theirs chill before passing them out.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:30 PM

103 posts, read 269,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Hey, remember those cheapie peanut butter kinds of black and orange taffy....I LIKED those!

(Guess that tells you what side of SA I grew up in....)
I guess you and I grew up on the same side of town! I loved those!

Old 10-25-2008, 11:25 PM

288 posts, read 926,277 times
Cornerstone Church at Stone Oak and 1604 has a nice thing for the kids. It is called Hallelujah Night. They have the trunk-or-treat mentioned above, which is basically a candy line where people sit on/in the backs of cars and pass out candy. They also have some food booths, carnival rides, inflatables and games for the kids and adults. I think this year the food is $1, the rides and inflatables might be free or only 1 ticket. It is an pretty inexpensive way to spend a safe Halloween. Oh, and since the OP asked about toddlers, they have an area just for 6 and under. That area has smaller inflatables and games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio