Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 07:42 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,576,080 times

Advertisements

I agree also. Larson should have come out with a stronger and more to the point defence of Ciro's propaganda. There are too many voters out there who will take at face value whatever politicians that they think are on their side say. I'm sure many voters went to the polls thinking that Ciro is saving them from that dirty Lyle Larson who wants to lump another 23% sale tax on them. Ciro is banking on his constituents blind loyalty. He is hopeing they are as dumb as he thinks they are. I hope he's wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 07:54 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,274,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle13 View Post
I'm Ciro Rodriguez and I approve of this ad and the care that our veterans deserve! (in broken english)
in broken english?

Old 10-28-2008, 08:01 AM

I admire Ciro Rodriguez' "story" and some of the intiatives he has been involved in....but I have to agree that the those ads are quite misleading. They are targeting a specific group of folks who are only casually interested in current events, hoping they will only tune into that brief one or two catch words. "EVEN GAS?!" HIGHER?!?" TAXES?!?!?!" "23%?!?" I say that its only targeting a select group of like someone else mentioned, those who only hear half truths, even my own husband who only catches bits and pieces of anything believes the ad along with other friends and family who will cite the ad as a reason they "dont like that Larson guy"

Old 10-28-2008, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle13 View Post
Yeah, I can't understand what he is saying. Larson gets my vote for that reason.
Do you struggle here in San Antonio with everyone who has an accent? I would imagine that must be difficult for you.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,038,481 times
Technically, the "for taxes, not Texas" commercials are run by the national party, so Ciro can claim to be taking the high road in his campaign. You may have noticed that those spots don't have him saying at the end that he "approves of this message."

Old 10-28-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Technically, the "for taxes, not Texas" commercials are run by the national party, so Ciro can claim to be taking the high road in his campaign. You may have noticed that those spots don't have him saying at the end that he "approves of this message."
Good observation - thanks for pointing that out.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:19 AM

5,643 posts, read 15,682,308 times
Anyone seen the John Cornyn commercial where is out in North Texas canyons? I like that one.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:24 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,943,565 times
I hope nobody votes based on the commercials they see on TV! In case you haven't figured it out, I will be happy to clue you in...all political commercials are propaganda trying to brainwash those too lazy to learn the real truth!

Do your research before you go to the polls, and vote for the person who deserves and/or earned it!

Cheers! M2

Old 10-31-2008, 08:36 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,576,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I hope nobody votes based on the commercials they see on TV! In case you haven't figured it out, I will be happy to clue you in...all political commercials are propaganda trying to brainwash those too lazy to learn the real truth!

Do your research before you go to the polls, and vote for the person who deserves and/or earned it!

Cheers! M2
Speaking of doing some research, I found a website that seems to be a great place to learn about the candidates. It's called Project Vote Smart. Project Vote Smart - American Government, Elections, Candidates and Voting

It seems to have all of the candidates listed with their bio's voting records etc. One cool feature is a questionnaire that they send out to all of the candidates that gives them a chance to publicly show what their views are are on a wide variety of issues. If they refuse to participate it says so when you click on the link for it. They call it the Political Courage Test. After looking at several candidates I started to see a pattern. The more hard core career politicians tended to refuse to fill it out. Both Obama and McCain refused. The libertarian candidate Bob Barr unfortunately did not receive one due to late filling or something. Lyle Larson filled one out Ciro refused. I guess a career politicians stock in trade is talking out of both sides of their mouth. It's no wonder they would refuse to put their views out where everybody can see them. Some times I don't vote because I can't get a straight answer out of anybody. I think maybe from now on I will only vote for candidates who have the honesty to fill out one of these Political Courage Tests.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:53 AM

314 posts, read 830,889 times
I hate that ad and it is the reason I voted for Lyle Larson...I know it is a party ad and not his but he could stop it if he wanted.

Seems like defamation to me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio