Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 05:37 PM

130 posts, read 543,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
Younger people go to Austin tx

You don't HAVE to go to ATX to have fun. Like other poster's have said it is what you make of it. I can have fun anywhere. Maybe I'm just cool like that though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 05:39 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclor85 View Post
You don't HAVE to go to ATX to have fun. Like other poster's have said it is what you make of it. I can have fun anywhere. Maybe I'm just cool like that though.
Yep...ITA

Besides, it costs gas to drive up there and then if have "too" good of a time and no designated?????

Old 10-30-2008, 06:45 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclor85 View Post
Not when the girl to guy ratio in Austin is 6:1 compared to 3:1 in San Antonio, Defenetly worth the gas!

Old 10-30-2008, 09:27 PM

2 posts, read 4,657 times
Depends what kind of fun your going after. I am able to do a lot and not resort to drinking, but then again drinking is not my preference. I like shopping and going to Starbucks, book stores, etc..

Old 10-30-2008, 10:15 PM

791 posts, read 3,959,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
Not when the girl to guy ratio in Austin is 6:1 compared to 3:1 in San Antonio, Defenetly worth the gas!
So I guess what you're saying is that fun single women should stay in SA because the odds are better here?

Old 11-02-2008, 09:21 AM

105 posts, read 228,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
From census data for San Antonio:
Quote:
In San Antonio, 48% of the population are males, and 52% of the population are females. For every 100 females there are 93.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there are 89.7 males.
And for Austin:
Quote:
For every 100 females there were 105.8 males.
I couldn't find 18+ data for Austin, but nevertheless, that's a fallacy. Perhaps it's true (and I still don't believe it) for the student population, though. I'm one of the few ~20-somethings that doesn't really like Austin especially compared to my hometown (both are better than Houston, though). I'm not a bar hopper/drinker, but I will go to an occasional lounge or something (my brother says there's one way out in Stone Oak). My friends and I from HS went to school closer in the city, and we didn't look for something to do as much as things "just happen." That usually ends up happening even now when I come from Houston to visit. I'm moving back soon, though, so I'm a little interested to see what people are up to these days in SA.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:23 AM

5 posts, read 10,568 times
SAN ANTONIO SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..Coming from south Louisiana, this city has NO CULTURE!. I found the people here to be friendly only in a way that they give you fake smiles and go about their business. They are not very friendly. If you are not rich and snobby, then they automatically judge you as being "ghetto." I havent had anthing really badly happen to have an opinion like this, it's just from what I observed. I lived across from UTSA and the ppl there are cold and not very warm at all.. I've been here for two years and found that the dating scene here is just as bad as our national economy. If you don't look like the typical San Antonian with long dark hair and in tip top shape, thenguys will not even look at you. The ppl on the north side are very pretentious. The city is boring as hell. If you take out the River Walk, Six Flags, and Sea World, then all you are left with is a bunch of restaurants. The bars here are nice looking, but then again if you don't look like they typical person that I just described, then be preapred to be judged on socio-economic class

Old 11-28-2008, 02:26 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,822,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toup4 View Post
SAN ANTONIO SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..Coming from south Louisiana, this city has NO CULTURE!. I found the people here to be friendly only in a way that they give you fake smiles and go about their business. They are not very friendly. If you are not rich and snobby, then they automatically judge you as being "ghetto." I havent had anthing really badly happen to have an opinion like this, it's just from what I observed. I lived across from UTSA and the ppl there are cold and not very warm at all.. I've been here for two years and found that the dating scene here is just as bad as our national economy. If you don't look like the typical San Antonian with long dark hair and in tip top shape, thenguys will not even look at you. The ppl on the north side are very pretentious. The city is boring as hell. If you take out the River Walk, Six Flags, and Sea World, then all you are left with is a bunch of restaurants. The bars here are nice looking, but then again if you don't look like they typical person that I just described, then be preapred to be judged on socio-economic class
Sure, take the top 3 attractions out of most cities, and you're usually left with bars and restaurants.
Since when does the typical San Antonian have long, dark hair? ...and in tip-top shape? Yikes...we've had more than our share of "San Antonians are fat" threads...but I don't remember even one about how San Antonians are in tip-top shape. Made my morning though.

Old 11-28-2008, 10:09 AM

944 posts, read 3,062,912 times
I know-- most of the girls I see here have a slab of belly fat drooping over their low-rise hip huggers.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:42 AM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesteDF View Post
So I guess what you're saying is that fun single women should stay in SA because the odds are better here?
Well one thing that I noticed here and I say this from what ive seen and my POV. I see alot of cheating here, well maybe its everywhere perhaps i am a bit biased but I have seen many many people doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio