Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 07:44 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,772,671 times

Advertisements

Our world is rapidly becoming a very strange place to live in. This is totally unacceptable behavior. I wonder where these people are coming from? Wonder how they would have like it if you had told them you didn't like their clothes, gave them all the reasons you didn't like their clothes and then said, stand still while I pulled your clothes off since they offend me and I don't think they are the clothes you should be wearing. You need to wear the clothes I decide is best for you. It' is just unreal! People need to keep their hands to themselves (as taught to children when little) and certainly have no business touching anyone else's personal property. People need to keep their opinions to themselves also unless asked or otherwise participating in an open discussion. Like I said, just totally unreal. I guess anything seems to go these days. Too many crazies running around. It's downright frightening.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:46 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angtha View Post
It was the HEB on Culebra and 1604.
why am I not surprised? there are so many people in that area (AR mostly) that are just not like the "normal" people here in SA. I've been in the far west area since 2001 and have noticed a big change in the people there and it makes me want to live somewhere else.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:56 PM

394 posts, read 1,506,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
why am I not surprised? there are so many people in that area (AR mostly) that are just not like the "normal" people here in SA. I've been in the far west area since 2001 and have noticed a big change in the people there and it makes me want to live somewhere else.
Huh???? I live in AR and the people I've run into are pretty dang normal and would not do something stupid like the OP experienced. I've had a great experience with the folks that live "around here". (Other than the idiots that pulled the stunt that OP described). Get real....

Old 10-29-2008, 08:14 PM

34 posts, read 98,300 times
Quote:
I think that there is a lil bit of crazy and frustrated running around right now. With the whole Financial Crisis, the heat has risen alot. Media really has really blown things up. It's the typical paranoid feelings people get when they hear the sky is falling. So of course this election is going to be heated. I am still in disbelief. It was an ignorant way to assert an opinion. They certainly don't represent the majority.
And you are right, people are pretty "normal". It was an isolated incedent that bugged me and i just had to share.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:46 PM

778 posts, read 2,503,338 times
Quote:
Yea. Now all of the sudden we are getting all these tattooed types moving into the area.

Oh wait...

Old 10-29-2008, 08:50 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,291,423 times
What exactly is the "far west" part of town?

Old 10-29-2008, 09:38 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,823,786 times
El Paso is far west.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:48 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,959 times
This is sadly happening a lot lately with stickers, yard signs, etc. And it's going on with supporters of both candidates, so it's definitely not one sided.

I really wish we could live in a society where everyone respects opposing points of views without having to resort to vandalism or violence. As someone mentioned stealing a sticker or a sign isn't going to help their candidate of choice get elected.

I most certainly would not have allowed them to lecture me though after stealing my sticker. You should have told them that it's your 1st Amendment right to display that sticker, and if they don't get their hands off your car they will find out what the 2nd Amendment is all about.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:22 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
ok, I watched a couple minutes of "the commercial" last night and was a little PO'd when I made some of my posts. I did not mean that everyone in AR wasn't "normal". I meant there are a few individuals that remind me of the people I used to see when I lived in Monterey, CA. If anyone has been in that area, they'll know what I mean.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:38 AM

141 posts, read 508,477 times
Default all over a sticker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by angtha View Post
So today,
I went to HEB and when I was walking out I saw three people (mid thirtys) pulling of my Mcain Sticker! I thought they were breaking into my car but as I got closer I saw what they were doing.
I walked up to them and asked... "are you done?" I was just planning on letting it go and just driving off but they didn't stop at that they found it completely necessary to give me a great lecture about how great Obama is and how much Mcain sucks. Seriously, I told them I voted your too late. I am way shocked.
i'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. there is no excuse for this or any other form of vandalism. but you know, last election, my mom was actually chased down the access of Gold Canyon by someone who thought it necessary to use their vehicle to express their distaste for her candidate John Kerry. Granted he wasn't my candidate at that time, but was that necessary to do either? This kind of stuff is ridiculous and how did these folks know that you weren't going to scream "STRANGER DANGER!!" and mace 'em? :P
seriously, i'm sorry this happened to you. but at least you already voted and nullified their actions...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio