Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 07:03 PM

160 posts, read 432,032 times

Advertisements

Where in San Antonio can one purchase a good (and in fashion) men's suit? Conservative, lawyer type of appearance suit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 07:21 PM

734 posts, read 3,015,002 times
Just got my hubby a jacket at Men's Wearhouse, Calvin Klein - fashionable and conservative. But not sure what you are looking for. There are plenty of men's stores and department stores here. Price range? Special sizes? Or just plain ol' recommendations?

Macy's, Dillards, JC Penney are all your run of the mill dept store. Burlington Coat Factory, K&G Men's are both discounted stores. The only thing I don't know are the higher end boutique type stores.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:45 PM

409 posts, read 1,560,987 times
Brook's Brothers at LaCanterra is a great store!

Old 10-31-2008, 08:16 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,880,155 times
Second Looks. It's at North New Braunfels Ave. and Nacogdoches Rd. in the shopping center across from HEB. Second hand suits and shirts. I had to wear a suit everyday and had enough nice fashionable suits that I could wear a different suit every day.
They only sell the nicest stuff and you have to go there often to see what's new.
Check it out. I could get an Armani suit or Polo or G. Beene and they look new, the best part is the price is half or less.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:21 PM

778 posts, read 2,502,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
Second Looks. It's at North New Braunfels Ave. and Nacogdoches Rd. in the shopping center across from HEB. Second hand suits and shirts. I had to wear a suit everyday and had enough nice fashionable suits that I could wear a different suit every day.
They only sell the nicest stuff and you have to go there often to see what's new.
Check it out. I could get an Armani suit or Polo or G. Beene and they look new, the best part is the price is half or less.
I'll second, Second Looks. Got some good stuff there when I was making the transition from military to civilian. Give it a shot.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:00 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpritjr View Post
Where in San Antonio can one purchase a good (and in fashion) men's suit? Conservative, lawyer type of appearance suit?
DH has to wear a suit to work daily, we have found a GREAT place to buy with lots of selection...K & G Superstore right across from North Star Mall behind the TGIF in that little strip mall. Ask for Rick Alverez there...he KNOWS his stuff. He can look at you, and depending on the brand you are interested in, he KNOWS how the sizes and cuts run and if it is good on you. Saves you a LOT of time trying on everything trying to find the best for you. DH size varies depending on the maker, and he LOVE the fact that Rick can "size you" and knows his merchandise so well he can save you the time/effort. You also give him your likes/dislikes (DH HAS to have a slit in the back of his jacket) and he will steer you towards/away from those items that do/don't fit your particular taste.

Hope this helps...their website is listed if you google their name and you can find out which one is most convenient to you, but if you want Rick, you have to go to the below location. Their tailor does an excellent job as well...been doing this for 100 years and knows his stuff. Will add cuffs to pants that are not if you want them.

K&G Fashion Superstore
25 NE Loop 410, Suite 100

Hope this helps!

PS...We have found their prices the BEST in town...can find a sale here or there from time to time that matches their prices, but unless they don't carry something you specifically want, you can't beat their prices.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:04 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
I will second Paka's recommendation, not because I also shop there (luckily my job doesn't require me to dress up much); but because I know and see her DH at work and he is a "sharped dressed man!"

Cheers! M2

Old 11-01-2008, 02:04 PM

203 posts, read 561,144 times
Neiman Marcus for Armani, Zegna, Brioni, etc.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:42 PM

10 posts, read 65,181 times
Try Satels on Broadway, Penners (downtown), and also Joseph's. IMO they have exactly what you may be looking for. These stores carry Hickey-Freeman which I believe will is exactly what you are looking for. I personally prefer Satels because they carry Canali (think John Stewart on the Daily Show. Canali provides his wardrobe)

Old 11-02-2008, 06:02 PM

109 posts, read 517,826 times
How much are you looking to spend. You can find suits at Target, Banana Republic, etc....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio