Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 04:46 PM

244 posts, read 1,092,712 times

Advertisements

By 2050 I predict that there would have been so much development outside 1604, the only places left to develop would be 410 and eventually downtown. I think by this time, the city government will have their act together and the city will genuinly look better.

I also see a nicer, glassier skyline in San Antonio's future with much more development downtown, and various shops, attractions, and businesses. And of course, better roads.

Where do you see San Antonio in 2050?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2007, 05:01 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,887,890 times
Downtown developement has already begun. There are numerous buildings being convertd into high and I mean HIGH dollar condos.
Hopefully the powers that be will realize that roads are not the answer and high speed rail lines will move more people faster at less cost. With cheper building and upkeep.
First the people of Texas have to be trained that it's Ok to let go of your car for a day...it will be there when you get back. Some people act like a 2 yr. old when thier pacifyer is taken away when you suggest they learn to take public transportation.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:28 PM

244 posts, read 1,092,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
Downtown developement has already begun. There are numerous buildings being convertd into high and I mean HIGH dollar condos.
Yeah, I was at La Cantera and saw an ad for one....Azula or something, looked very Dallas to me. That and Vidorra.

Quote:
First the people of Texas have to be trained that it's Ok to let go of your car for a day...it will be there when you get back. Some people act like a 2 yr. old when thier pacifyer is taken away when you suggest they learn to take public transportation.
Well, maybe more people will be moving in closer to downtown so that won't be a necessity. Quite frankly, SA's layout makes it difficult for a light rail, you'd have it going all over the place.

I'd say roads first, then rail, if possible. I think the skyline will come with more business.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:49 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,417,385 times
I don't want to see tall glass structures in Downtown SA. It would make SA like everybody else. I would like it if developers build new structures that match the brickwork and stone of Downtown SA.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:58 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,245,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
I don't want to see tall glass structures in Downtown SA. It would make SA like everybody else. I would like it if developers build new structures that match the brickwork and stone of Downtown SA.
I couldnt agree more

Old 02-19-2007, 09:11 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,295,855 times
Quote:
Hopefully the powers that be will realize that roads are not the answer and high speed rail lines will move more people faster at less cost. With cheper building and upkeep.

I really think that's mainly because people know that unless you are close to where you're going already, every bus ride is a 1-2 hour bus ride in this town. It's almost always triple the length of a car ride. For example, for me to get downtown (UTSA) by car is 5-10 minutes from my near-NW neighbhorhood (VJ and fredericksburg rd). By bus it's 40 minutes ans 2 buses.

I think that if there were a way to get people around quickly and cheaply they'd be all over it. I know I would. I am just not willing to have to leave my house 2.5 hours early to take the bus.

Old 02-20-2007, 03:54 AM

546 posts, read 3,104,938 times
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/ede2525/City_of_the_Future.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-20-2007, 12:52 PM

531 posts, read 2,074,362 times
Default san antonio 2050

san antonio-new braunfels will be a metro like dallas-plano

about 6-7million will be in the metro.

a dumpy house will cost 750K.

possibly property taxes will be reformed?

Old 02-20-2007, 01:24 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montevista1 View Post
san antonio-new braunfels will be a metro like dallas-plano

about 6-7million will be in the metro.

a dumpy house will cost 750K.

possibly property taxes will be reformed?
With 6-7 million people you attract business, big business. If you guys could afford a couple of properties now, do it. It won't remain inexpensive forever. With all the transplants coming to SA and more to come. They'll drive up real estate prices. You'll be kickin' yourself if you don't. Te lo digo. Confia en mi.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:27 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by googie2525 View Post
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/ede2525/City_of_the_Future.jpg (broken link)
Nice. Real Nice!!

-----------------------------------
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio