U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 01:26 PM

12,110 posts, read 14,138,015 times

Advertisements

Anyone else camp over the Thanksgiving Holiday? I looked to see if I had already asked and couldnt find anything. Sorry if this is a reapeat but it's been a long time since there was camping thread!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 04:49 PM

213 posts, read 544,834 times
haven't in this state but have back home

Old 11-11-2008, 05:06 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,242,387 times
I WISH we could go camping this Thanksgiving! Dummy me decided to take a p/t retail job for the holidays again, so I gotta be at work on Friday. (Why do I always do this to myself?! )

We camped at the beach one year for Thanksgiving and it was a BLAST! Did primitive camping (no hook ups, in tents) but brought a propane "oven" thing for one turkey and a fryer for the other. Most all the other stuff we did over the campfire. Great times!!!

Old 11-11-2008, 07:33 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,851,025 times
YES!!! We love going camping at Thanksgiving. Unfortunately we are not going this year. Unless of course, I change my mind at the last minute . It's been known to happen and we all have the whole week off .

Old 11-11-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
YES!!! We love going camping at Thanksgiving. Unfortunately we are not going this year. Unless of course, I change my mind at the last minute . It's been known to happen and we all have the whole week off .
awww, I thought you were going.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:30 PM

Camper, can I make a real short detour of your thread while you and TTG are around?

We need to be in Belton this Saturday for a 4H Rabbit thingy, and had thought about camping rather than staying in a hotel. There are only 3 campgrounds near Belton, and the one we had planned on USED to be a KOA. I've now found some pretty lackluster reviews, the worst of which has to do with the highway noise. One other is an Army Corps campground and sounds much more like REAL camping than what we're up to for a quickie. Can't find much on the 3rd.

Any ideas? Anywhere between Austin and Belton would prolly be fine. We def need decent restrooms/showers, since our lil' PUP has none.

Didn't realize that our little girls had gotten their hopes set on camping. Oy.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Camper, can I make a real short detour of your thread while you and TTG are around?

We need to be in Belton this Saturday for a 4H Rabbit thingy, and had thought about camping rather than staying in a hotel. There are only 3 campgrounds near Belton, and the one we had planned on USED to be a KOA. I've now found some pretty lackluster reviews, the worst of which has to do with the highway noise. One other is an Army Corps campground and sounds much more like REAL camping than what we're up to for a quickie. Can't find much on the 3rd.

Any ideas? Anywhere between Austin and Belton would prolly be fine. We def need decent restrooms/showers, since our lil' PUP has none.

Didn't realize that our little girls had gotten their hopes set on camping. Oy.
Hang in there, we're looking for a place for you. brb

Old 11-11-2008, 08:53 PM

Temple, TX - Official Website - Campgrounds

See if this helps any. That's farther than we have ever been so I can't personally recommend any.

Make sure and let me know how it works out for ya!!

Old 11-11-2008, 08:55 PM

Thanx Camper!!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 06:50 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,851,025 times
Jules,
Sorry I don't know of anything out that way. I did google it and it looks like I came up with the same three that you did.

I don't even see a SP in that area. I will keep searching and see if I can find something.

Camper,
We were planning on camping Thanksgiving week. We keep going back and forth. My girls are teenagers now and they aren't really "into" it like they used to be . But I am still the boss , soooooo you never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio