Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2009, 10:33 PM

45 posts, read 322,030 times

Advertisements

I have a 2002 F150 Supercrew that is about to hit 60,000 miles. I live near 281/1604 intersection. I am looking to get a reasonable and reliable tune-up for the truck. I have a long cross country trip coming up and I want to make sure the truck is ready.

(I have been getting regular oil changes. However, I skipped the 50k or 55k service which I think it kind of major)

Thank you for any recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 12:28 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,361,371 times
I know it's a bit of a drive, but I swear by Randolph Tire Center in Universal City. I will drive out of my way to go there for their service and reputation! Take 1604 around to Pat Booker Rd. and exit toward Randolph AFB. They service all makes and models and are very honest. Jerry is the owner and is as good as gold! I usually go there before even considering a dealership.

Good luck!

Old 01-29-2009, 05:36 PM

45 posts, read 322,030 times
Anyone....

Old 01-29-2009, 06:22 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
I've been going to Bert Thompson at Hollywood Park Automotive for 15 years and 8 different cars.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:38 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ31171 View Post
I have a 2002 F150 Supercrew that is about to hit 60,000 miles. I live near 281/1604 intersection. I am looking to get a reasonable and reliable tune-up for the truck. I have a long cross country trip coming up and I want to make sure the truck is ready.

(I have been getting regular oil changes. However, I skipped the 50k or 55k service which I think it kind of major)

Thank you for any recommendations.
by the 50k service you probably mean...

Air Filter (changed every 15k)
Fuel Filter (changed every 30k)
Spark Plugs (you can go with the stock Bosch Or you can get some platinums)
Wires (they loose their resistance over the years.)
Tranny and Radiator Fluid changes

Optional...
Check the PCV, AIR,O2, and Thermostat.

that's around a 60-70 buck service.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,493 times
My truck has always been super pamberd-servised. I have never had any major problems with my truck other than normal maitenance. But the other day my truck would not start after arriving to work and attempting to drive for an errand; the engine sounds as if it is attemtping to start (normal) but the engine does not stay on; everything sounds ok… engine cranks, has power, fuel pump sounds- working , ignition etc? ; so i have decided not to give up on my truck:…..i have changed the ignition module, coil, complete distributer cap set, spark plugs, cables, and checked for any loose wires or screws o..all motorcraft parts too… but the truck continues to turn on when it wants to... It drives and runs excellent after it turns on as it has done since i purchased it! I just wait for a while about 30 miinutes minimum…and then it starts…… so i do not know what else to do!!! Other than to refuse to give up on my good truck because of something simple i just know it..... But what is it? I also noticed that it never has done it in the morning when it is cold? Only after i drive it and turn it off and then choose to start the truck after an errand o but the strange thing is that it does this only sometimes and other times it just starts with no problems like the good old days…. ...i hope you can assist me with any advise…..sorry for the long entry... Help.....thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio