Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 09:08 AM

4,147 posts, read 7,999,782 times

Advertisements

The only porblem with Stone Oak is the traffic. Their are about 5 roads tat they have plans to finish through and that will help. Where you want to live their are three ways to get there. Bulverde all the way up. 281 to Stone Oak or you could try Stone Oak Parkway. The traffic will get better with time but if you are like me and do not really care about traffice than I'd reccomentd it.

On the other hand the Alamo Ranch area is really turnong into a nice area. You know have many shopping locations near you at Potranco/1604, Culebra/1604, and 410/151.

So
Traffic=Culebra/1604
Shopping=Stpne Oak
Schools=Stone Oak by a hair
Atomsphere= Depends on your taste
Scenery=Stone Oak
Most Potential=Culebra/1604
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 01:43 PM

5 posts, read 17,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
which floorplan are you looking at??? i only ask because we moved into a centex neighborhood recently and up the road from us is another new centex neighborhood, the ranch at lost creek --- it's boerne ISD, another great school district --- you may want to check it out if it's not too far out for you and if your floorplan is there...
I'm looking at the Lincoln floorplan. The reason I like Lincoln floorplan is because it has a gameroom and it's a 4/3 with the guest bedroom downstairs.

What has your experience been living in a centex neighboorhood?

Old 12-06-2008, 03:16 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,323,735 times
I live in Silver Oaks. I love it. It's convenient, and I've had my house for less than a year and Centex has raised their prices. That's a good sign, it means they are in DEMAND. This area has tons of room for development, the Stone Oak area is already developed. The neighboorhood is so quiet, safe. Centex is amazing with their customer service/warranty. There is a high school less than 1 mile, and an elementary school about 200 yards from the neighboorhood. The HOA fees are less than $200 a year (can't beat that) and we're less than 1 mile from Government Canyon State Park, a large nature preserve with daily tours and educational programs for children. There is a rural horse farm/petting zoo less than 200 yards from one entrance, and it's one of the fasted growing zip codes in America. I counted the other day, and almost 25 homes are SOLD and still underconstruction in Silver Oaks. It's Booming. You can avoid ALL the stop lights on 1604 by taking 1560 to Bandrea, and then another backroad to get on I-to near UTSA and La Cantera.
I have nothing negative to say.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:48 PM

554 posts, read 2,306,283 times
Personally, I wouldn't pick either if you're working at Bway & 410. I think that at peak travel times it could take you a good 45 minutes to get to work. Have you considered existing homes? There are so many great neighborhoods within a very reasonable drive of your work location.

If you're set on building, I would look to see if Centex is building the floorplan you like in any neighborhoods near 1604/35. That area is also booming and I think it would be an easier commute for you.

If you haven't been to visit these two neigborhoods I would definitely visit both at several times of day. Get a feel for the traffic. Bulverde Village isn't right at 1604/281. Its a decent drive up either Bulverde Road or 281 to get to the subdivision. Bulverde Road is 2 lanes and I would assume that with the new high school there is a lot of traffic on that road. I'm not as familiar with the Alamo Ranch area other than that it has grown a ton in the last few years and has a lot more room left to grow. I can only imagine how busy that area will be in just a few short years.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:29 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,486,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeaton View Post
I'm looking at the Lincoln floorplan. The reason I like Lincoln floorplan is because it has a gameroom and it's a 4/3 with the guest bedroom downstairs.

What has your experience been living in a centex neighboorhood?
well, the lincoln is not being built in either The Presidio of Lost Creek or in Lost Creek Ranch --- bummer! --- but it is a great floor plan, i looked it up...

We happen to love living here --- Centex has been nothing but wonderful and they are one of the only builders that i know of that offer a 2 yr home warranty as opposed to a 1 yr --- they have been very receptive to any issues we have had, which have been minor...

we did hire our own private inspector and he did 3 inspections for us and at one point he stopped in the middle of the inspection and said "They are building you a wonderful house guys, I am very impressed" ---

feel free to dm me if you have any other questions...

i was born and raised here in san antonio and therefore i have a little bit of a different opinion on these 2 sides of town --- i remember what BOTH areas were like prior to major developement and it's because of that that dh and i would never consider certain areas...

good luck to you, i know how stressful this time can be...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio