Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2007, 09:40 PM

531 posts, read 2,073,808 times

Advertisements

My question is who in their right mind will buy a condo in red mccombs developement when he wants $400 a square foot this is rediculous!

I think people monte vista who own mansions do not care so much that they need to spend a couple grand on private school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Rockin' The TriCities

n/a posts
Because when you've sold a big house on Geneseo or Grandview or Contour and pocketed a million dollars, $400 a SF doesn't look that bad. Plus the location is killer.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:16 PM

179 posts, read 119,822 times
Yeah that location is sooooo "prime". Even in dinky little SA, it's like the place to be.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:46 PM

63 posts, read 258,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I picture older places like Alamo Heights as "questionable money" rather than old money. I picture the current residents inside a large dark house, huddled around one lightbulb saying, "We must make it last..."

Sorry, I don't know how accurate that is. It's just a feeling I get.
You could be right! Maybe that's why they have the money. (LOLLOLLOL)
All kidding aside though, you've heard people spoke of as "living like they haven't got a penny to their name", haven't you? Just because somebody has got money doesn't mean they have to live in a monstrous house. On the other hand how many people do we know that lives way beyond their means. There's probably a lot more "wanna have money"'s and "let's pretend we've got money"'s out there that we know.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:49 PM

546 posts, read 3,103,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sereneintexas View Post
You could be right! Maybe that's why they have the money. (LOLLOLLOL)
All kidding aside though, you've heard people spoke of as "living like they haven't got a penny to their name", haven't you? Just because somebody has got money doesn't mean they have to live in a monstrous house. On the other hand how many people do we know that lives way beyond their means. There's probably a lot more "wanna have money"'s and "let's pretend we've got money"'s out there that we know.
EXACTLY - check out the book "The Millionaire Next Door." I have a cousin in Terrill Hills who's VERY rich, but still wears his clothes from the 1980's, and drives a beat-up old car, lives in a pretty plain-looking house (although it's appraised ridiculously high, but hey, it's Terrill Hills...BUT he bought in back in the early 90's when it was still relatively cheap). He spends his money on frequent biking trips to Europe, not on flash. Now, if I had all his money, it would be a different story

The Millionaire Next Door - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-31-2007, 11:20 AM

790 posts, read 1,880,267 times
The old money is in Alamo Heights, Terrell Hills, Olmos Park. I own a home in Terrell Heights. Prices are decent, you're still in AHSD but will generally have lower city taxes because Terrell Heights is in SA. I hate traffic, so it's great having Central Market and downtown convenient. Good luck!

Old 06-11-2007, 04:01 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Hello San Antonio

We just sold my hubby's deceased grandmother's house in Alamo Heights and I can tell you that she was not wealthy nor was her house that impressive. I do agree that there is money in SA, but it isn't necessarily where the "show" is or just in '09, etc.

When we lived in SA we lived in the Inwood area at Bitters/Huebner area. (We left SA in 2001) I was amazed at how many people lived in nice homes, drove expensive cars and were mortgaged to the hilt.

I think that the wealthy, specifically moneywise, are scattered here and there in various locations in the SA area. But really, who cares? Find an area that you love, can afford, etc. and move there.

I have enjoyed the thread, very interesting!

Old 06-11-2007, 06:56 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,774,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedic242 View Post
Alot of the Spurs have moved north of Helotes. I know that Tony Parker, Greg Popavich and Timmy live up there.
Now, I was just told - last night in fact - that Pop lives in Elm Creek... prior to that I'd always heard he lived in the Dominion....
This person also commented on Bruce Bowen and Tim Duncan, but I forget where she said they live..... but I believe she said none of the Spurs live in the Dominion, and I was of the impression they ALL live up there....

???? anyone know FOR SURE?
Oh, and almost forgot, she said that Tony Parker lives in Stone Oak..... ????

Last edited by PopsGuysRule; 06-11-2007 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: additional question

Old 06-11-2007, 07:02 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,880,155 times
Pop and several others live in the Dominion. Security is better there for them.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Rockin' The TriCities

n/a posts
Tony Parker is building a very large house in Anaqua Springs Ranch, which is about ten miles down Boerne Stage Road from I-10. I don't know where he's living currently, but he will be living in Anaqua Springs.

A friend who lives in the Dominion gave me a whole list of the players who also live there, but as I am allergic to sports, I didn't really pay attention. It was at least a half dozen, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio