Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 06:29 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,651,673 times

Advertisements

Have to boys 7 and 4 and there are outside alot during the summer. We end up going to Fiesta till about noon and then coming home and doing indoor stuff till about 5 then go swimming on some days during the summer. Others we spend the whole day at the pool under the shade tree with the neighbors and the boys love that!

Where are yall coming from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2007, 11:11 PM

85 posts, read 308,247 times
I'll tell you how... they stay indoors and play video games all day. I walk the neighborhood around my own all of the time during all parts of the year and I swear to you, I rarely see a kid on the street. Strange, isn't it?

Old 03-11-2007, 11:18 PM

283 posts, read 1,836,108 times
I see kids outside.

It's real simple to see what areas have kids playing outside all year long and the areas that have kids pkaying video games year round.

Look at how the high schools athletic teams are.

Top programs in major sports(football, baseball, basketball)
Reagan, Smithson Valley, Clemens, Alamo Heights, O'Connor, Taft, etc

Bottom dwellers
Any SAISD school and poorer schools.

Funny, one would think that the poorer schools would be good at athletics since they shouldnt be able to afford video games, right? Moderator cut: rude

Old 03-12-2007, 12:01 AM

562 posts, read 660,032 times
Flashback to the summer of 1984..... Walking down the street my tennis shoes feel like I have gum stuck to the bottom of them. I stop to look.. no gum. Keep walking.. still happening. I then realize that the soles of my shoes are melting as I walk in the summer heat. Must have been 120 that day..... asphalt even HOTTER.

Yeah, too many years of this summer heat has made me bitter, can hardly wait to leave!

Old 03-12-2007, 08:42 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times
Honestly.....it is a harder change on the adults to adjust to the summer heat than the kiddos! I lived at the pool in the summer. In the 6th grade my best friend and I put on aprons, oven mitts, and a chefs hat and went out to fry an egg on the side walk. We had a spatula and plate in hand and waited forever! We finally gave up... ....but it was fun trying!

Kids adapt well and don't care how hot it is. Keep sun screen on them, LOTS of water (soda's dehydrate) and flip flops to protect the soles of their little feet. My kids had more bathing suits than summer shorts....

Old 03-12-2007, 03:50 PM

30 posts, read 118,285 times
Default The Grass Is Not Always Greener On The Other Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
Flashback to the summer of 1984..... Walking down the street my tennis shoes feel like I have gum stuck to the bottom of them. I stop to look.. no gum. Keep walking.. still happening. I then realize that the soles of my shoes are melting as I walk in the summer heat. Must have been 120 that day..... asphalt even HOTTER.

Yeah, too many years of this summer heat has made me bitter, can hardly wait to leave!

I Live up north PA and the winter is HORRIBLE THE SNOW IS TERRIBLE AND SO IS THE COLD. When it's cold outside 15 degree's you can not do a thing that's 6 months out of the year. I HATE IT HERE !!!!!!!!HELLO TEXAS

I can't wait to get to that heat

That's everywhere in the north nj 5 months out of the year and the same goes for nyc lived in all three and i'll tell you this they can keep those states especially this one, this one is filled with hatefull people. pa

Old 03-12-2007, 04:01 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,242,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post

120? The hottest day ever recorded in SA was 111.

Maybe they were really cheap shoes.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:06 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times
This was the outside thermometer from my friends truck when we were down in Pearsall County last July. It was hot.....but we got up on a bluff and looked out over the most beautiful vista from his hunting cabin. The wind off the top of the bluff was actually cool that high up. (and I don't know if it was a hill...but it was high enough to count for a cool breeze!)

Old 03-13-2007, 11:00 AM

469 posts, read 2,342,269 times
Last year in San Diego had record breaking heat and no one owned a/c, the kid was always outside because inside was horrible! So when we moved here in September it wasn't such a shocker, well except for the beauty of a/c. I have friends in San Diego's north county and Sunday was 101 degrees out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio