Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 11:11 AM

284 posts, read 1,081,700 times

Advertisements

I haven't tried to return or repair anything at BB, but on Saturday at the one in the Forum, several employees in the store were extremely helpful. I was looking for particular items and three different employees helped me find exactly what I needed very quickly. I was very impressed.

I also got through the checkout line quickly because all lanes were open and someone was directing customers to the next available register.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 11:48 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,768,147 times
Why do people always assume because a national company is suffering that it means it's suffering in every one of its markets?

Old 12-16-2008, 12:09 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,777,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
Why do people always assume because a national company is suffering that it means it's suffering in every one of its markets?
They don't...and no one seems to have assumed that...that's why it was posed as a question.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:03 PM

141 posts, read 506,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Off topic....Reno 911 is one of the best shows on today

Back to BB...haven't been to the AR one. I'm basing my comments on the past 5 years, but I'll honestly say I haven't shopped there in a year because I hated them so much. They may be better now.
off topic, but i agree about RENO 911, one of the best on tv, if not just Comedy Central...

but one Best Buy "horror story" i have is about ten years old when i was accused of price switching on a video game, and was really in retrospect my fault for being so careless and arrogant about expecting them to "see things my way" just because i threw a hissy. the game was in a bin area labelled at around $20, as was the placard describing it, as was the price tag on the game itself...or so i thought. the game rang up as $40, i told them how i found it labeled as $20. after the customer service guy (he opened up to alleviate long lines) accused me of price switching, i got into "words" with not only him but his manager as well. and i told them i didn't appreciate being called a theif when i am willing to pay what the sign said it should be.

i know that sometimes sale labeled placards hit the salesfloor before the right date, but i felt it was their problem not mine. but it was my fault for not going to get the placard, which may have been misplaced (as i just experienced at Target, but with better results ) and for not keeping an eye on the damn sticker that had the new price on it (and i remember the price tag was precariously hanging off of one corner of the box, and that too should have tipped me off that something was afoot... ) i wound up paying $40 for the game (great game) but not before swearing, literally and quite loudly, not to ever shop at Best Buy ever again! ahh, to be young and cocky again...

but i can't beat a deal, so i still go there to price items like DVDs or CDs. i even went the next week after that incident.

"sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar eats you..."

Old 12-16-2008, 01:39 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,156,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
you gained points in my book. I love Reno 911
A-h-hh-h-h......Oh never mind....

Old 12-16-2008, 04:37 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,874,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexkwandosatx View Post
off topic, but i agree about RENO 911, one of the best on tv, if not just Comedy Central...

but one Best Buy "horror story" i have is about ten years old when i was accused of price switching on a video game, and was really in retrospect my fault for being so careless and arrogant about expecting them to "see things my way" just because i threw a hissy. the game was in a bin area labelled at around $20, as was the placard describing it, as was the price tag on the game itself...or so i thought. the game rang up as $40, i told them how i found it labeled as $20. after the customer service guy (he opened up to alleviate long lines) accused me of price switching, i got into "words" with not only him but his manager as well. and i told them i didn't appreciate being called a theif when i am willing to pay what the sign said it should be.

i know that sometimes sale labeled placards hit the salesfloor before the right date, but i felt it was their problem not mine. but it was my fault for not going to get the placard, which may have been misplaced (as i just experienced at Target, but with better results ) and for not keeping an eye on the damn sticker that had the new price on it (and i remember the price tag was precariously hanging off of one corner of the box, and that too should have tipped me off that something was afoot... ) i wound up paying $40 for the game (great game) but not before swearing, literally and quite loudly, not to ever shop at Best Buy ever again! ahh, to be young and cocky again...

but i can't beat a deal, so i still go there to price items like DVDs or CDs. i even went the next week after that incident.

"sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar eats you..."
I have a price-changing horror story from Best Buy at 410 and San Pedro, also. I swore back then I'd never set foot in another one--that little punk behind the counter--I swear I almost boxed his damn ears. He wouldn't leave his little box after saying "the tags may have been switched"--so I could show him that EVERY damn CD in that section had the same (wrong, according to the register) price tag on it, so I went and grabbed about 30 of them and dumped them on his counter on my way out. Jerk! It pi$$ed me off so bad--I used to love browsing their music.....oh well. I've been in since, and I hate the layouts of the new BB's--I like the old school one like at 410/Ingram. But I seldom go in anymore--that kind of stuff sticks with you. (well, me anyway) I don't want to see them go out of business, but I know their customer service needs a major overhaul.

And Reno 911 is hilarious.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:12 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,375,970 times
I went to AR BB looking to buy a upper end Garmin. They REFUSED to match an ad from another retailer, AND told me that IF somone comes in with a Walmart add for an items, it has to be the Walmart CLOSEST to that BB AND it has to be in stock there (they call to check) before they will honor it.

If they close, they have no one to blame but their own business practices. Right now, when someone has money to spend, your job as a retailer is to get them to part with it...however. I am not the brightest crayon in the box, but I realize that 50% of SOMETHING is better than 100% of NOTHING!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,946,932 times
I spent two days working for BB many years ago. From that experience I learned to keep my expectations very low when dealing with the people who work there. Consequently, I haven't been disappointed since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio