Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 10:44 PM

55 posts, read 246,574 times

Advertisements

Tiagos is also looking to expand into 2 more possible locations and the latest rumor I heard was some where in the Stone Oak area. Only time will tell if they will make it. I think the biggest mistake was not investing more money into a free standing building. And please don't tell me they are on a small or tight budget, they trained their staff for over 3 weeks before opening and in my expericence that almost insane to do!

Cabo is also looking to expand some where in the NW area as well.

I am surprised that Taco Bueno is doing so poorly. They have really good prices!

wok inn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 6,608 times
Default Tiago's Cabo Grille

Yes, it is a locally owned chain, but the one off of 151 is the first Tiago's Cabo Grille to open. And, there is going to be one at the Rim, which I believe is in construction. There will be 3 total in San Antonio. Sea Island Development Co. actually owns Sea Island Shrimphouse, which is a locally owned chain as well. I believe Tiago's is looking to become a national chain. Haven't been there yet, but I heard the patio is nice and the margaritas are good.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:39 PM

8 posts, read 26,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaleman View Post
So I've been searching most of the morning, and I can't seem to find any info on Tiago's Cabo Grille, which just opened over at 151/410. My wife and I went on Saturday, and we loved it, but what I'm wondering is if it's the only one?

It seems, from the lack of info, that it probably is, but I just can't believe that we actually have a decent restaurant on this side of town that no one else has...it's such a chain hell over here. If this is truly the only one in San Antonio, it's some kind of miracle =-)
If anyone has not found the info. yet, here's the website. www.tiagoscabogrille.com. There is no info. yet except for the address & phone number. Maybe they'll put up a menu soon. I haven't been yet but I'm going tonight. Rio Mambo on 281 around the Stone Oak area is really great also. Try the grilled tacos. YUM!

Old 03-26-2007, 08:08 AM

545 posts, read 2,283,745 times
We went again on Friday and the food was great again. We went early - 6 PM - to beat the crowds and our food was out before we finished the appetizer. Thanks for all the info on it...I'm glad to see that we actually have a unique (not chain) restaurant on the west side of town. Hopefully more will follow once the Alamo Ranch shopping area opens.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:08 PM

8 posts, read 26,982 times
I finally went Saturday night. The sampler appetizer was great & the service was great. Our waiter even juggled fruit for us! The fajitas were decent but I should have had the beef fajita cheese enchiladas. My partner had it & it tasted great. To top it off try the roasted cheese cake. I could have had just that!

Old 02-06-2008, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 5,310 times
Thumbs down Overrated

Food not that good!
I ordered a sirloin the waiter gave me a ribeye and somewhat carmelized.
He realized his mistake and was very apologetic but his apology didn't reflect in the price, but it's ok I ate the carmelized steak. The "jalapeno" mashed potatoes right out of the box.
Sauteed side veggies oily, I mean really oily.
My wife had a taco plate and the side order of refried beans, right out of the can her Margarita tasted like energized lemonade.
Saw lots of Sysco boxes. I figured their most valuable tool in the kitchen is a box cutter.
I am still trying to get the smoke smell out of my sweater.
On a good note, the chips and salsa were very good.
For the price very expensive for the fact that you are getting Sysco products that you can go to any bar & grill in San Antonio and for much less get the same, just maybe a slightly different environment.
Not reccomended unless you are looking to pay high price for something you can get anywhere and want a smokey environment to go along with your gastronomical experience.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:45 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,587,297 times
Haven't been there yet although I saw it yesterday as I was passing by. Went to the website and checked out the menu. Looks like an over expensive California style mexican food place. I might give it a try out of curiosity if it wasn't for the 2X higher than normal prices. Maybe not a chain yet but it's the first link. The place say's fast food all over it. I'll just skip it.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:50 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,698,898 times
I met someone in town who was one of the people to help open this restaurant. She said the owner used to manage or own a Chili's restaurant. So, the food is similar to that. We have gone a few times and we thought it was really good. The prices are a bit high, but not anymore than you would pay at TGIFridays or one of those type of bar and grille chains.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:40 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,011,692 times
Not sure why it would matter if they had Sysco products or not.. the bottom line is.. those are the ingredients.. Sysco doesnt provide "already cooked" items. They just supply the ingredients. Most companies use Sysco or a derivitive of Syscos, Sygma or Ben E Keith. They basically provide the ingredients. What the people do with those ingredients is what counts. And from the looks of the responses here.. thats a 50 50 mix...

Old 02-06-2008, 08:05 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Sysco makes a lot of pre-made food that just needs warming, thawing, deep frying, etc. I think that's what he/she was getting at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio