Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2007, 12:22 PM

23 posts, read 345,221 times

Advertisements

Good time all,

I was looking at those two outlet malls (Tanger Outlet and Prime Outlet) and it seems that they've got almost the same brand names... The question now is: Which one is better (discount wise)?

If you can also tell which one has better offerings that would be appreciated.

Cheers..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 12:27 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,437,451 times
Once you are there at the outlets you can't really tell a difference between them. There is no physical separation from each other. You will be going to both you can't really help it.

Old 03-04-2007, 04:20 PM

469 posts, read 2,341,796 times
They are, for all intents and purposes, conneted. If you're at one end keep walking and the other end is the other mall. Prime is a bit larger and at the north end, Tanger is the south end. You won't do all the stores in one day but most people don't go to all of them anyway. My best suggestion is to drive around the parking lot and take note of where the stores are that you want to go to. There's a small street that divides the two but it's smaller that the parking lot roads so you moight not even take notice of it.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:15 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,361,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleSG View Post
They are, for all intents and purposes, conneted. If you're at one end keep walking and the other end is the other mall. Prime is a bit larger and at the north end, Tanger is the south end. You won't do all the stores in one day but most people don't go to all of them anyway. My best suggestion is to drive around the parking lot and take note of where the stores are that you want to go to. There's a small street that divides the two but it's smaller that the parking lot roads so you moight not even take notice of it.
Be sure and go to the Outback Steakhouse there.....my dau works there while going to school. She likes both sides....just depends on what you're looking for. The Prime side is trying to appeal to a higher end market, but the bargains (and some not so cheap) are pretty much across the board.

One thing to note.....some outlet stores will make a line of clothes or products that are sold exclusively at outlets. For example....I bought two beautiful Waterford brandy snifters at the outlet for a wedding gift a couple of years ago. The were still "Waterford" prices, only a little less. When my friend wanted to add to them she couldn't find them and then was told the pattern was an "outlet" pattern only. I was so embarrassed....like I bought her "seconds" or something cheap....but it wasn't at all.

Gap and Old Navy also have their own "outlet" brands. You just have to ask. Generally, it really doesn't matter but some of the quality may be lacking in the "outlet" brands. Some mix "outlet" products with the overages and leftovers from area stores. Chico's is great there. You can use your discount (except for one) and on Tuesday if you're over 50 you get extra off just for being YOU!

Old 03-04-2007, 09:01 PM

33 posts, read 198,824 times
Do you have a Woodbury Commons in Austin? If you do, I think the prices are better than Tanger Outlet.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:20 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,361,371 times
For those in San Antonio, who haven't ventured a bit NE on I-35, the Outlets are in San Marcos which is more or less halfway between San Antonio and Austin. Depending on where in SA you are coming from, it's about a short 40 minute drive right up the highway. It's the only Outlet Mall near San Antonio.
My dau has stats from her Restaurant that say it's one of the highest grossing malls as well as one of the largest in the states.

Caution....bone up on Mexico's National Holidays.....it's very crowded with shoppers who are vacationing from Mexico. That goes for just about any other mall in SA as well.....Northstar Mall, especially.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/Simone55/getmap.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio