Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 05:45 AM

216 posts, read 731,987 times

Advertisements

Not planning a move, just curious & want to visit someday. I've heard all good things about it! Is it true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 06:14 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,779,323 times
No offense, but why would someone who has no plans to live here (only someone day visit) want to know what it's like living here?

Old 01-08-2009, 07:17 AM

18,126 posts, read 25,269,498 times
It would also help if you tell us where you are from,
we can't say "SA is hot" if you come from Phoenix

Old 01-08-2009, 07:42 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,553,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
No offense, but why would someone who has no plans to live here (only someone day visit) want to know what it's like living here?
Because they're curious?
because they're interested in what life is like in other places?

to the OP: it's kind of hard to describe what life is like...it's nice

Old 01-08-2009, 07:47 AM

63 posts, read 258,643 times
Living in San Antonio is great for me. Like I said in another post, SA has a sort of small town feel to it yet it is cosmopolitan. There are many different cultures that blend in SA, we have plenty of entertainments, the climate is mostly very pleasant, some days a little hotter that we'd like, then again we can get a little wimpy when the temp falls below 50, but over all not bad. We have lots of tourist attractions and we love to show our town to visitors. Come on down!

Old 01-08-2009, 07:54 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,949,702 times
When I was a child, about 10-12 years of age, my mother married a man from San Antonio. Life for me as a child was good there.. it was afternoons playing with other local boys in a big forrested field, trips to the Zoo, river walk, and other local tourist spots. The Guy ended up being rather nuts and my mom fled back to El Paso.. but besides that and the memories of the place as a kid.. it was really nice.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:53 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,539,668 times
We've lived in alot of places, major cities and small towns. I will only disagree that San Antonio has a small town feel to it. To me it is the exact opposite of that. If you want that feel you can go out towards Bandera, Beorne etc. I will say that I love San Antonio and everything that it offers. I like warmer weather so for me the climate is awesome year round.
To the OP...if you plan a trip out here for vacation I think you will love it.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:08 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,269,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabygirl View Post
Not planning a move, just curious & want to visit someday. I've heard all good things about it! Is it true?
Since you are not saying where you are from, I'll answer based on the info that you gave us:
- There's no winter, seems like the seasons are Summer & Fall-Spring
- No rain
- Mexican food in every corner
- You can practice spanish in almost any store
- Rush hour traffic is a pain in the @#$
- It's nice to have Austin just 1 hr away.
- Lots of historic places to visit (Riverwalk, Villita, the missions, etc)

Besides that... It's just like living in any other medium size city in the US.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:22 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,983,094 times
It's a car crazed, big suburban city. Just like anywhere USA.
The only difference is there is a huge Mexican influence and a gorgeous Tejano and Latin downtown.
I honestly don't see the friendliness in San Antonio. Only in the Hill Country where people are delightful.

It's an overrated city.
This is my opinion.

Last edited by LiveUrban; 01-08-2009 at 08:43 PM..

Old 01-08-2009, 08:25 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,553,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post

Besides that... It's just like living in any other medium size city in the US.
I'd say that's true if you're mainly in the suburbs (and that's not a knock on the suburbs, it just feels like anycity, USA). I think it's different if you live/work/play in town. It doesn't have a big urban core, but what it does have is fairly unique to SA (Riverwalk chain restaurants excepted). That's why I moved into Southtown, I figured if I was going to be in San ANtonio, I might as well be in the part of it that made it different from everywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio