Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 03:19 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,080 times

Advertisements

ditto mrsb. Saw that pool on sale in last week's paper and thought hmmmm...I wonder if that would work for the summer?? -- especially since we cancelled our pool membership Kids are small so they'll pretty much be happy with a hose and bucket, but I wouldn't mind being able to take a dip as well. Would love to hear from anyone who has this pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 05:28 PM

546 posts, read 1,500,064 times
Stone- we read the reviews on toyseus'website and read only 2 bad reviews out 54. Hubby and I have purchased and well iguess we will see how it goes. We decided that if we enjoy it enough then we will go with an in ground $$$ eek.

So as soon as we get all set up I'll post pictures.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:32 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,555,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb057 View Post
I came into this thread to see if anyone has had any experience with the Intex Pools sold at walmart. Hubby and I are considering one but wanted some feedback on it...
We got that type of pool one summer when we lived out in the country and weren't happy with it at all. The ground must be ABSOLUTELY level. NO variance at all. That ring float thing just does not work well if there's the SLIGHTEST bit of slant. And it's pretty hard to keep clean, with the way the bottom bows out.

That said, we did end up buying one of the very large, metal frame (looks like PVC pipe) soft sided ones last summer and were VERY happy with it. The pump was sufficient to keep the water clean, and we had no problems with it. Left it full all winter and would be getting it ready for this summer now, but the kids and I will be out of town for a month, so otherhalf will get it ready while we're gone. It may be the "redneck" type of pool, but we don't care. We had a blast in it last year!

Old 05-29-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb057 View Post
Stone- we read the reviews on toyseus'website and read only 2 bad reviews out 54. Hubby and I have purchased and well iguess we will see how it goes. We decided that if we enjoy it enough then we will go with an in ground $$$ eek.

So as soon as we get all set up I'll post pictures.
We were posting at the same time.

My advice ~ make sure that ground is LEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEELLLLLL.

Best wishes!

Old 05-29-2010, 09:41 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,488,200 times
Jules... I was gonna post the EXACT same thing... The ground with the blow up ring pools must be L-E-V-E-L!!! I have a friend who got a blow up ring pool and it collapased on them one night as there was a slight area on the ground that was NOT level... We had another friends whose ring deflated enough over night that half the water came out...

We have an intex pool but the same type you have, a pvc pipe type and we LOVE it!!! It also has gives you a little more wiggle room if you don't have a perfectly level yard... We had a concrete slab poured for ours, so we don't worry about the ground anymore... We have some neighbors leaving our neighborhood that have a blow up ring intex and they also had a slab poured as they could not work with the pool any other way...

mrsb... If you have not put up the pool you may want to consider an intex pvc type pool instead...

Good Luck!!!

Old 05-30-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post

mrsb... If you have not put up the pool you may want to consider an intex pvc type pool instead...

GOOD POINT MSTC, I didn't even think about that!!!! mrsb, the pvc type pools aren't much more $ at all, and they're just as easy to set up. Well, even easier if you figure in the leveling being a bit more forgiving. We also considered ours a "try this thing out" experiment. We'll prolly do this summer and another summer with it, and if we're still loving it we'll do one of the high end hard sided types. (Not only is an inground one out of our budget, but we also have MAJOR rock that would about require dynamite. )

Keep us posted. Hope whatever you end up with works well for you.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:44 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
We have a pool from A -Tex that we have had for about 18 years and it's still going strong. We weighed the pro and cons of in ground verses above ground and besides the fact that we love the red neck part of the above ground, they also DON"T effect your property values. It's considered " portable"... anyone wanna invite me over?

I think A tex is still the only ones that carry the stretchable liner ( Doughboy? sp) for the above ground pools. Our deep end is 6 1/2 feet deep.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:51 PM

546 posts, read 1,500,064 times
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs508.ash1/30002_131079666907413_100000161416915_376935_69003 17_n.jpg (broken link)

Well guys went with the above ground intex pool. Hubby and father in law leveled the ground with sand and enclosed the area around it so hopefully that should work...we may consider the concrete idea in the future. so far so good...as i type this i am watching my water bill soar sky high 5400 gallons....eeeek. OH well hopefully tomorrow i will have an awesome pool to enjoy...and call it a welfare/ redneck pool if you want but no lines and no waiting for this water park.haha.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:59 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,177 times
we had the me intex with pvc type frame for a few years. loved it. we moved to a subdivision with a community pool all nice and pretty. I miss my redneck pool in the privacy of my backyard though.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:08 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,080 times
having grown up in redneckville, let me tell you that not a redneck pool make. Digging a hole, throwing a tarp down and filling it with water = redneck pool. Using an old bathtub / barrel / abandoned car = redneck pool. Dragging an old, rusty pool out of the dumbster and plugging up the holes with duct tape or having a drunken relative hold his hand over the leak = redneck pool. Telling the kids that giant puddle in the driveway is a swimming pool = redneck. Skinny dippin' in the old quarrey filled with god knows what = good times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio