U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 07:45 AM

759 posts, read 3,554,993 times

Advertisements

I vaguely remember someone mentioning a wonderful restaurant near San Marcos or New Braunfels on here...
I turn 30 next weekend. My husband doesn't have to go to work on Friday so I told him I would like to run up to the outlet malls for an hour or so and then go have a really yummy late lunch somewhere. Someplace with nice views where we can enjoy a glass of wine. We'll have our 2 month old daughter, but she'll likely sleep through lunch.
Does anyone have any nice suggestions? I was thinking, if we couldn't come up with anyplace, we'd go to Gruene and wander around and eat at the Gristmill.. however, to be honest, I'd like something nicer!!

Thanks!!!! I know I can always count on CDers for wonderful ideas & suggestions!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 11:07 AM

1,366 posts, read 4,256,506 times
sorry, no restaurant suggestions, but i HEART the outlet mall, primarily the Coach store, hence my large assortment of Coach purses...

have a great birthday and enjoy a wonderful lunch, wherever it may be...

Old 01-25-2009, 01:56 PM

2,027 posts, read 6,700,943 times
Try Clear Springs Cafe. It is on HWY 46 just a couple miles east of I-35.

Clear Springs Seafood Restaurant (http://www.clearspringscafe.com/locations/newbraunfels.html - broken link)

Old 01-25-2009, 02:16 PM

778 posts, read 2,370,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
Try Clear Springs Cafe. It is on HWY 46 just a couple miles east of I-35.

Clear Springs Seafood Restaurant (http://www.clearspringscafe.com/locations/newbraunfels.html - broken link)
I'll second CS!!!

Old 01-25-2009, 05:25 PM

4 posts, read 16,708 times
Try Liberty Bistro in New Braunfels, just off the square....incredibly good!!!

Old 01-25-2009, 05:59 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,871,174 times
There is a nice place for great lunches, and wine in New Braunfels called Wesach's<-----that's how it's prounounced, but not sure how it's spelled, just say it how it sounds to anyone who knows about NB, and they can tell you where it is, and how to get there. It's much more of a "wine & dine" place than the others, but you just can't hardly beat the views of the Gristmill.....

Old 01-25-2009, 06:03 PM

14,637 posts, read 33,301,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
There is a nice place for great lunches, and wine in New Braunfels called Wesach's<-----that's how it's prounounced, but not sure how it's spelled, just say it how it sounds to anyone who knows about NB, and they can tell you where it is, and how to get there. It's much more of a "wine & dine" place than the others, but you just can't hardly beat the views of the Gristmill.....
Welcome to Huisache Grill and Wine Bar | home

Old 01-25-2009, 06:41 PM

330 posts, read 1,307,822 times
If you like Italian, there is a delectable little bistro called Fazoli's in the area. It serves these gooey breadsticks before your main course for free, and in unlimited quantities! As far as which dish to order, I highly recommend the sampler platter as it is just to die for!

Make sure you dress up nice!

Old 01-25-2009, 08:40 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,871,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drzy View Post
If you like Italian, there is a delectable little bistro called Fazoli's in the area. It serves these gooey breadsticks before your main course for free, and in unlimited quantities! As far as which dish to order, I highly recommend the sampler platter as it is just to die for!

Make sure you dress up nice!
Man, if I ever get forced back into that sorry excuse of Italian fast food again I think im gonna hurl.......

Old 01-26-2009, 05:43 AM

348 posts, read 1,168,018 times
Definitely try Palmers in San Marcos. Excellent food and beautiful atmosphere....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>