Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 09:19 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
...every time I was transferred, I made it a stipulation of my transfer that when my assignment was complete, I get transferred back to SA. It worked everytime.
I aint goin no where but SA !!!!
Go to SA, do not pass GO and do not collect $200!

Hey, maybe someone could come up with a SA version of Monopoly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2007, 10:33 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,195,871 times
San Antonio Rocks!!!:-)

Old 03-16-2007, 10:41 AM

944 posts, read 3,062,427 times
Wait, ShaneSA. Are you saying that "Texans" were here before "Indians" and the "Indians" tried to run the Texans off, and failed?

Old 03-16-2007, 12:56 PM

63 posts, read 238,965 times
Default Here we go again....

LOL. I have to say if there's one thing that consistantly comes up on this thread it's Californians.....

My wife and I still have our CA plates on our cars. To be honest with you they're more appealing than the Texas plates (just my opinion).
My wife and I have noticed that not only are they're other people from CA here, but we've seen quite a few plates from Florida, Alaska, Illinois, and Utah.

We are one of the few who kept our home in Northern CA. It's a great rental property and when our girls get ready for college we'll sell it, pay for their tuition and then retire.
It really is a beautiful place and if you've never been to Northern California, you're really missing something. You have to go at least once to visit.

Contrary to popular belief here. You won't get abducted by gays/lesbians... Every person I meet whose never been to California seems to think the state is run by gays/lesbians. Get real and even if that were true, they're people too. The good Lord says to love EVERYONE. Who are WE to judge????

The East and West coast will continue to migrate here as long as the housing is cheap. My only worry is that people are moving here having sold their home, but not having a job set up once they get here. Unless you made a real fortune, the money made from selling a home in California won't buy you a retirement, just an extened period of time off.....

Old 03-16-2007, 01:15 PM

944 posts, read 3,062,427 times
Nice post WarrenFamilyFaith. I did get Texas license plates (because you have to if this is your home), but I elected to keep my car's title in CA for symbolic reasons. I just couldn't make my car "Texan." It was bad enough carrying the word Texas around in my pocket 24/7 (on my license), and having the word Texas emblazoned on the most expensive thing that I own. But to make it Texan? Couldn't go there...

Old 03-16-2007, 01:30 PM

121 posts, read 437,747 times
Off topic, but why do the trucks here say "truck" on their license plates? It's pretty obvious it's a truck, right?

Old 03-16-2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
Nice post WarrenFamilyFaith. I did get Texas license plates (because you have to if this is your home), but I elected to keep my car's title in CA for symbolic reasons. I just couldn't make my car "Texan." It was bad enough carrying the word Texas around in my pocket 24/7 (on my license), and having the word Texas emblazoned on the most expensive thing that I own. But to make it Texan? Couldn't go there...
Thanks, hello13685!!!
You know we probably need to get the Texas plates. We're just waiting for someone to pull us over and tell us what we already know.
Speaking of license, mine expired back in January so I flew back to CA for the weekend and renewed it there.... LOL
The only problem I ran into here was when my wife and I went bowling and apparently they don't serve alcohol to anyone with an out of state license. You should have heard that conversation. ha ha ha

Old 03-16-2007, 04:01 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,437,451 times
Hmm warren and Hello, maybe ya'll represent the reason people don't like Californians. You ever think the reason people don't like californians is because they won't adapt? You live in Texas now, get with the program get a Texas DL and a Texas License plate, all you are doing is taking away money from the state of Texas that you rightfully owe by driving on our public streets. If I ever moved out of state, I would follow the law of that state and register my car within 30 days and switch over my license.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:42 PM

Default point taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Hmm warren and Hello, maybe ya'll represent the reason people don't like Californians. You ever think the reason people don't like californians is because they won't adapt? You live in Texas now, get with the program get a Texas DL and a Texas License plate, all you are doing is taking away money from the state of Texas that you rightfully owe by driving on our public streets. If I ever moved out of state, I would follow the law of that state and register my car within 30 days and switch over my license.
smuboy86, point taken. But believe me when I say I'm not alone. My block consists of license plates from Washington State, Florida, CA, and Missouri. All of which have been here way longer than thirty days. It's not just people from CA.
Personally, I don't "adapt" to anyone or anything. That's just me.
I'm more concerned with whether or not God is ok with the way I live my life, not my neighbors or anyone from Texas.
Eventually I'll change them over. I just have to figure out if I'm going to be here long enough to. I'd hate to change everything only to change them back in CA or another state for that matter.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:17 PM

469 posts, read 2,341,796 times
We went to get our TX licenses first before the plates (we thought it had to be done in that order). They told us they wouldn't give us our TX licenses until we showed them out TX plates. Our answer was what if we didn't own a car? Their answer, you don't get a TX license. Just goes to show that the DMV in TX is the same as any other state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio