Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 08:50 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrlatsha View Post
I don't know where people get their info, but no, there isn't a traffic problem with entering or exiting AR, morning, afternoon, evening or night.
I would have to agree, since I actually stay on the service road there in front of Lowe's in order to bypass the monkeyclusterbomb that is 151 and 1604. There's just light, orderly traffic, while 1604 is absurdly crowded. Discovering that little shortcut has shaved several minutes off my commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 AM

410 posts, read 1,249,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
No, not yet there isn't. Who knows what it's going to be like after everything is built...and those shopping areas are full.
The underpass at 151/1604 should be done by then. Forward thinking on the NW side. We don't need superstreets, yet...

Old 02-06-2009, 03:11 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,745,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc1995fb View Post
Before we bought our house in 2005 we looked at other builders (D.R. Horton or Continental, Centex, Pulte, Medallion, Ryland, Armadillo, Eagle Valley). Alamo Ranch wasn't built yet so we went with KB in Bridgewood.

The biggest difference between the builders is how many of the options are "standard".

I work for an industrial construction company and I can say that almost all of the builders in San Antonio use the same methods. I don't think a person can honestly say one builder is better than the other. The reason I say this is because they all "sub" out their work. You may have a better warranty or something but I don't think the quality of the build is any better. I think you must be around to see what they are doing and inspect it along the way. I think they will all try to build the house as cheaply as possible.

Before you buy, go walk around and look at the houses under construction from the companies I mentioned and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Well said. Another difference in addition to the standard features, is the exterior detailing of the floor plans, the width of the streets, variation of floor plans and good mix of one and two story plans.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:26 PM

343 posts, read 1,305,416 times
Quote:
I don't know where people get their info, but no, there isn't a traffic problem with entering or exiting AR, morning, afternoon, evening or night.
I'm sorry. I meant to put a question at the end.

And I really meant to check the traffic at Bridgewood. It is difficult to leave the area in the morning either towards 1604 or FM1560. Since the light was put up, it is easier to get to FM1560. The school traffic is also a pain IMO.

A/R does not have traffic. Yet. We'll see how it is in a couple of years.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:56 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,586 times
Quote:
That depends on how you define "entering/leaving." Traffic to/from 151 can be a bit hectic--and, as others have said in the past, it will only get worse. The widening of Culebra certainly helped the traffic situation, though. There are hardly any real delays anymore. Most of the issues I've experienced took place once I was well past AR trying to get onto 1604 or 151.

--Dim

Old 02-13-2009, 09:38 AM

There is more than one way into/out of AR, you aren't forced to take the high traffic areas. I would have to argue that its much easier than anything on Potranco or like you said, farther north on 1604.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:28 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,586 times
Agreed, but if your commute leads you downtown like mine, there really are few options. Fortunately for me I am able to leave around 6:30 in the morning. Even then, the traffic heading to 151 is stacked pretty good. Granted, that'd technically AR, but it's close enough...

Old 02-13-2009, 03:32 PM

I have to take 151 everyday too, but I never get stuck in the traffic at 151/1604...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio