Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 04:56 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,453,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
Thanks Sapphire! I just did not have a good wax experience at that last place I went! It made me really mad and ouchy for a few days! Maybe I'll check em out next time I need something done!
Mojo, have you tried the "threading" technique now offered at Ingram Mall?? It is WONDERFUL!!! I have had this done in NYC and so prefer it to the other form.

I was happy to see it offered in SA...have no idea what it cost here, but had it done in NYC for $10.

Much less painful...and no redness either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 04:59 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Mojo, have you tried the "threading" technique now offered at Ingram Mall?? It is WONDERFUL!!! I have had this done in NYC and so prefer it to the other form.

I was happy to see it offered in SA...have no idea what it cost here, but had it done in NYC for $10.

Much less painful...and no redness either.
Wow, I had to google that and it looks like a great alternative to waxing! What place in Ingram offers this?

Old 02-23-2009, 05:04 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,555,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Wow, I had to google that and it looks like a great alternative to waxing! What place in Ingram offers this?

There's a place at North Star that does this too. I have a friend who swears by it!

Old 02-23-2009, 05:17 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,025,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
Maybe I should come over then! You can do my next spa day!
With margaritas!

Old 02-23-2009, 05:38 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,453,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
There is a little kiosk booth just behind the elevator near the center area of Ingram Mall.

It is one of those you can get it done and walk right out and noone knows it is a "fresh" job.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:40 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
honestly i never thought twice about a spa pedi before either...that is until dh got a staph infection, in his foot, because of a tiny crack in his skin that he didn't even know he had --- this landed him in the hospital for 7 days, out of work for 3 months, 2 emergency surgeries and an almost amputation of a portion of his foot (they ended up amputating bone only) ---

dh's orthopedic surgeon talked to me about spa pedi's and how many patients he has with infections because of them...

so after all of that the waterless pedi was a great option for me...but again, they are not for everyone...
mrsstxcop ~ remembering what all you hubby went thru may have helped my daughter's teacher's mom! At a recent field trip, she was telling me about all the horrible stuff her mom was going thru, in the hospital. It sounded SO much like what your hubby went thru. Somethin' inside me said, "yeeeeeahhh, what about _ _ _ _'s hubby? Sounds familiar!" Told her about it and they checked. Sure enough ~ teacher and mom had just been in for a pedicure a few days before! Mom was SIII-ICK!

Cured me from "spa pedicures"! I'll take my Volcano foot mask from Lush anyday now!

Old 02-23-2009, 07:50 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
mrsstxcop ~ remembering what all you hubby went thru may have helped my daughter's teacher's mom! At a recent field trip, she was telling me about all the horrible stuff her mom was going thru, in the hospital. It sounded SO much like what your hubby went thru. Somethin' inside me said, "yeeeeeahhh, what about _ _ _ _'s hubby? Sounds familiar!" Told her about it and they checked. Sure enough ~ teacher and mom had just been in for a pedicure a few days before! Mom was SIII-ICK!

Cured me from "spa pedicures"! I'll take my Volcano foot mask from Lush anyday now!
wow --- i really feel bad for her --- i know it was horrible when we were going thru it and i don't wish it on anyone --- if any good came out of it it would have to be that i am atleast able to tell our story and help others recognize what could be a possible staph infection before it is too late...

when dh was admitted there was another gentleman in the room next door --- again, another staph infection but in his leg, not his foot --- he went in a little to late --- he was being released the day we were being admitted, but he had been in there for 3months...

there are alot of things our family does differently now --- including not letting the kids walk outside barefoot anymore and me not getting spa pedi's anymore --- it may sound harsh to some, but i would rather be safe than sorry ---

Old 02-23-2009, 07:59 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
No, mrstxcop ~ not harsh at all!!!! Tell hubby, what he went thru and the fact that you shared it with us, may truly have helped another person! Honestly, I've always been a big "barefoot" person, too. Have never thought another thing about it. Not anymore. What your hubby went thru was testimony enough for me!!! No more washin' cars barefoot for us! (And we think about puttin' shoes on our feet ALL the time now, as WELL as not getting pedicures "out" anymore.)

Old 02-23-2009, 08:03 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
I don't think it's harsh either........trying to stay alive is always a good thing. And yeah, what a great PSA you've done--sorry the hubby had to suffer but glad he's doing well now!

Mary Kay has great pedicure lotions. I felt pressured to buy something at a MK function I went to, and I was actually glad I did.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:24 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
No, mrstxcop ~ not harsh at all!!!! Tell hubby, what he went thru and the fact that you shared it with us, may truly have helped another person! Honestly, I've always been a big "barefoot" person, too. Have never thought another thing about it. Not anymore. What your hubby went thru was testimony enough for me!!! No more washin' cars barefoot for us! (And we think about puttin' shoes on our feet ALL the time now, as WELL as not getting pedicures "out" anymore.)
actually i just told him about how he helped someone else and how you were able to recognize the symptoms and inform the teacher...he said he was glad to help out ...

our neighbors in our new 'hood always let their 3yr old son walk around barefoot --- ummm, we are in an area where construction is still going on...helloooo...we have told them about dh and what he went thru but it didn't help, they still let him out like that --- he is climbing in dirt piles, sand piles, walking on empty lots ... i cringe whenever i see him outside without shoes on --- i would hate to think about him stepping on a nail or screw or anything for that matter ---

what's funny is the other day my 2.5 yr old son told him "HUNTER! go put shoes on!" ... of course he didn't...but i had to laugh at how much we have beat into our kids head to always put on shoes now!!!

okay, on a side note --- i don't know to what extent the mother's infection is, and this certainly may not happen with her ... but in dh's case ... he was released from the hospital and a week later at our follow up we were sent for an mri and cat scan since the infection site still looked "angry" --- the next morning at 6am he had his first emergency surgery as it was abcessing (is that a word?) --- anyway, after the 1st surgery he had x-rays done, all was good, no sign of infection ---

30 DAYS LATER...all of a sudden infection had set into the bone --- this would not have been found out had the ortho surgeon not been doing routine x-rays --- doc could not believe that we had 2 sets of x-rays, 1 showing all clear and out of no where infection came back and set into the bone --- this resulted in dh's 2nd emergency surgery to amputate bone --- which at first it was going to be a portion of his foot, but they were able to take bone instead and leave his foot intact...

my point is to make sure that if she gets x-rays done and if it shows clear, she needs to ask to have another done atleast 30days later, just to make sure nothing came back...

ugh, just thinking about all this makes my stomach hurt...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio