Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 07:02 AM

173 posts, read 617,206 times

Advertisements

We went to the Octoberfest and had a great time. I thought there was a nice turnout and everyone seemed to be having a good time; very neighborly. I wish they could have had a better variety of beer....maybe at least one decent German beer???? Also, if they had had better lighting we would have stuck around after dark.

Overall I thought it was a good 1st try. I bet it'll be even better next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 10:26 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,824,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passitup View Post
Westcreekers,
Does anyone know what happened to the fence behind the Highpoint house that backs up to Westcreek View? Yikes! Something plowed through there... it doesn't look like they took it down on purpose... looks like it took down landscaping along with the fence.
I don't live in Westcreek but have a friend who does and I asked her about it last night when I went to her house. She heard someone was driving, evidently messing with their cell phone (i.e., possibly texting) and not paying attention to what they were doing. Plowed right through the fence--luckily there were no kids or animals because she said that she thought not only did the take out the fence, but some landscaping and a tree in that backyard too.

Now it's just hearing from her what she had heard...but honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if that is exactly what happened.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:00 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,818,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
Who went to the Oktoberfest, and how was it?

Also, how do i get the county to come out and cut this green belt behind me?
If it has powerlines or gas lines running through it then CPS owns it.

They used to mow the area behind our house (country oaks) about once a year. This year they only cut the areas around the powerline towers. I guess with the all the rain we've got this year they gave up.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAnative View Post
We went to the Octoberfest and had a great time. I thought there was a nice turnout and everyone seemed to be having a good time; very neighborly. I wish they could have had a better variety of beer....maybe at least one decent German beer???? Also, if they had had better lighting we would have stuck around after dark.

Overall I thought it was a good 1st try. I bet it'll be even better next year.

I thought it was a good idea as well.

More lights would have been better. It was also a little pricey IMO.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:26 AM

77 posts, read 93,376 times
Does Westcreek have specific trick-or-treating hours on Wed? Coming from base housing where we had set times, I didn't know if that's how it worked with an HOA. I'll can call the community center tomorrow, but I was just wondering what it was like last year. Big crowds, lots of traffic, etc??

Old 10-28-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmypfc View Post
Does Westcreek have specific trick-or-treating hours on Wed? Coming from base housing where we had set times, I didn't know if that's how it worked with an HOA. I'll can call the community center tomorrow, but I was just wondering what it was like last year. Big crowds, lots of traffic, etc??
I don't recall specific hours.

No big crowds and no unusual amounts of traffic that I remember.

We live in an older part of the development (Country Oaks) so it might be different in the newer areas.

Old 10-28-2007, 04:27 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passitup View Post
Westcreekers,
Does anyone know what happened to the fence behind the Highpoint house that backs up to Westcreek View? Yikes! Something plowed through there... it doesn't look like they took it down on purpose... looks like it took down landscaping along with the fence.
This is the fourth one I've seen. Two were on Military Drive West and one on Westcreek Oaks. We're not the only neighborhood that has this kind of problem, though.

Old 10-28-2007, 04:29 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmypfc View Post
No set times. It usually starts just before it gets dark and ends by 8PM (at least in my area).

Old 10-31-2007, 08:26 PM

314 posts, read 2,539,307 times
Here is an old rendition of Westcreek.

http://www.sanantonio.gov/dsd/pdf/MDP/MDP_270.pdf

There are more at this link (warning, very time consuming :

New Page 1

Old 11-02-2007, 06:34 AM

173 posts, read 617,206 times
Hey Aquajox,

Thanks for posting this link! Really interesting. I'd love to see any new ones that pertain to WestCreek. Especially in the areas near the new rec. center/grossenbacher area. I have heard an extensive hiking/sports/picnic area is supposed to go there. Also, in WC the street Dezarae deadends into a private property family commune. It would be interesting to see if they are selling soon to developers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio