Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 09:11 PM

28 posts, read 123,915 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where I can buy "Salvia Divinorum" ,it goes by "Salvia"

Just wondering if anyone knows of a Plant Nursery or Herb Shop that sells the plant or seeds.

Thanks

Last edited by Tuezday14; 02-13-2009 at 09:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 09:26 PM

643 posts, read 1,393,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuezday14 View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy "Salvia Divinorum" ,it goes by "Salvia"

Just wondering if anyone knows of a Plant Nursery or Herb Shop that sells the plant or seeds.

Thanks
Moderator cut: orphaned

try a specialty tobacco shop would be my guess

Last edited by Bo; 02-14-2009 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: orphaned reference - the title of the thread was changed

Old 02-13-2009, 09:27 PM

874 posts, read 2,894,008 times
Not sure where you can buy it (I didn't watch the news story, but saw the intro - didn't they say anything in the story itself about where it is currently available?)Moderator cut: orphaned

Last edited by Bo; 02-14-2009 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: orphaned reference - the title of the thread was changed

Old 02-13-2009, 09:47 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
I think Planet K sells it, or they used to anyway. That's some wicked stuff, and you wouldn't catch me smoking it.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:54 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,488,200 times
okay, now is this the same type of salvia that my mom buys at nursery's etc...

every summer she buys tons of salvia and plants it all over her backyard --- i am guessing the "drug" one is another type of salvia plant???

Old 02-13-2009, 10:06 PM

Thanks everyone for the info, I intend on using it in my landscaping,it is a beautiful plant...

You all have a great weekend!

Old 02-13-2009, 11:13 PM

Hi,

It's called "Salvia Divinorum" I believe it belongs to the Mint/Sage family,yes people have used it as a drug,but it is used for landscaping purposes which is why I was inquiring about it ,I intend on using it as landscaping in my yard.

Thanks for you help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
okay, now is this the same type of salvia that my mom buys at nursery's etc...

every summer she buys tons of salvia and plants it all over her backyard --- i am guessing the "drug" one is another type of salvia plant???

Old 02-13-2009, 11:16 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times
Taken from a website that was advertising on this page....

Quote:
If you are looking for the ultimate high then Salvia Divinorum is the perfect solution. There are many reasons why people take Salvia and the effects have been described as unique giving feeling such as uncontrollable laughter, motion sensations and visions. There are a number of ways to ingest the Salvia and the effects start almost instantly after taking with the most intense period in the first few minutes, it has been said that experiences have lasted anywhere up to one hour.

Salvia is an extremely popular legal way for thousands of people to relax and experience the joys of spiritual enhancement. Salvia Divinorum is a very rare plant which can only be found in few locations in the mountains of Mexico and has become well known for its hallucinogenic qualities. Taken for centuries by the native people of Oxaca in Mexico the herb is recognized for its healing and divination qualities, it is now becoming more widespread to use Silvia in today’s modern world and people are discovering the benefits or taking Silvia Divinorum for themselves.
Apparently its not common in SA.......might need to book a flight to Oxaca!

Old 02-14-2009, 08:01 AM

Hi,
yes I have read that people take it for hallucinogenic purposes but I intend on using it for landscaping purposes,there are a variety of Salvia and they are beautiful.

Have a great day

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Taken from a website that was advertising on this page....

Apparently its not common in SA.......might need to book a flight to Oxaca!

Old 02-14-2009, 10:07 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuezday14 View Post
Hi,
yes I have read that people take it for hallucinogenic purposes but I intend on using it for landscaping purposes,there are a variety of Salvia and they are beautiful.

Have a great day
Yes...I read that above. I'm wondering why this specific variety since it's not found very easily. I have seen beautiful red, yellow and orange Salvia at local nurseries......how does the variety you're looking for vary from more locally grown plants? I can't access images from this location. If it's very rare, that must mean it doesn't grow well in a lot of places.

I'm just curious because I love to experiment in the garden.....um, but not Willie Nelson style!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio