U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 11:31 AM

19 posts, read 74,516 times

Advertisements

We have just moved to hill country and want to plant a few palms around our pool. We are looking specifically for one that is already 7-8 feet tall with a single trunk. Any recommendations for nurseries which carry a good selection? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 11:50 AM

384 posts, read 1,449,205 times
There's a big place along I-35 just north of New Braunfels that has a huge number of palm trees: |

The guy there really knows his stuff, too.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:07 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,084,409 times
i live off of ralph fair road --- if you are familiar with that area there is always some guy behind the mcdonald's at the corner of ralph fair and old fredericksburg rd ---

he sells HUGE palms --- i have never stopped to price but they look very healthy and he always seems to have new ones, so i am assuming business is good for him...

worth a try, he may be cheaper than a nursery...

Old 02-21-2009, 12:12 PM

40 posts, read 80,787 times
The place on I-35 north of New Braunfels I believe is called Paradise Palm Nursery. I have bought several palm trees from them over the past few years. Compared to the rest of the nurseries in this area I think they have the best selection of palm trees at very reasonable prices. The owner even has some kind of service that if you want he will truck and plant the trees for you for just double the price tag on the tree. This is a pretty good deal if you are interested in a very mature large palm tree. Best of luck!

Old 02-21-2009, 04:20 PM

19 posts, read 74,516 times
Thanks for the info. I'm going to check out all of your suggestions. I saw a guy selling trees off of Ralph Fair Rd. today - not palms. I was going to stop on my way back to see if they might have some palms in the future but they were gone when I came back. I'll have to check back and see if I can catch them again.

Once again, thanks!

Old 02-22-2009, 08:05 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,017,131 times
There is new place on 151 that specializes in Palms. I can't remember the name but they are on the west side of 151 just south of the new Animal Shelter. They have palms of all sizes.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:57 PM

4 posts, read 21,156 times
i am possibly moving to SA before the summer and was wondering... do they not have palm trees in SA or nearby? im curious bc i would love it if they did!

Old 02-22-2009, 02:55 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,485,504 times
Arbolitos, w/ West, South, and NC locations. arbolitos nursery

Also Soleil Palms by 90 next to the Animal Shelter that someone else mentioned. (they also have a petting zoo! )

Old 04-23-2009, 09:53 PM

61 posts, read 341,470 times
Default Where to buy a palm tree cheap in San Antonio?

I am in the market for buying two palm trees 5 to 7 feet tall (California Palm unless you know something which will look even better on sides of my drive-way)

Have checked Rainbow on Bandera, Lowe's, Walmart, etc but no success. There are smaller trees. Rainbow nursery had desired height but their trees dont look healthy plus they are too costly (around $400). Walmart has some little shorter in what seems a reasonable price (3 feet or so from $70 to $150)

A friend suggested a flea market which is open on weekends but is too far from my home (S. Zarzamora + Poteet Jourdanton @ 12280 Hwy 16 South I just Googled)

Another option is to go online but you never know what will arrive in the mail you know : - )

Please suggest where to buy desired height at a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-23-2009, 10:00 PM

14,637 posts, read 32,011,107 times
Did you check the Garden Center just down from Rainbow at Bandera and Prue? There is a cool little nursery on Hildebrand....near Big Grass Bamboo Furniture and Rolando's Super Taco--if you are familiar with that area. Also, there is a nursery on San Pedro....Arbelito's or something like that. I don't do palm trees, so I am not sure where to get what you're looking for, but those are 3 nurseries that I can think of right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio