Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 08:50 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times

Advertisements

(I searched and wasnt able to find an existing thread)

I keep wanting to check out The Egg & I restaurant, Ive only seen the one location off 151, next to a Wing Stop. We were going to check it out last Saturday but there was a line all the way into the parking lot! (Ive got two younger kids and lines dont work well for us)

Has anyone tried them yet? (After I googled it, I realized they are actually a chain)

Just wanted to see if anyone has checked it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 09:22 AM

83 posts, read 214,708 times
I posted somewhere on another thread about the Egg and I when it first opened. We only go the 281/Thousand Oaks location but we enjoy it. We have only had breakfast there so I cannot comment on their lunch menu.

Service is very good. We call ahead when we leave the house and they put us on the waiting list. We usually walk in and are seated right away. That probably burns up some who have been waiting but they allow you to call ahead so we do it. You can't do that at Magnolia.

Favorites are the garden frittata, spinach, bacon, mushroom omelet, the Colorado Scramble, and the Cambridge Skillet. The Mexican omelet with chorizo is good with the pork green chile sauce. We have enjoyed it all except, I must say, the flour tortillas are a joke, especially being in SA where you can get homemade even at HEB. Of course, if I want breakfast tacos or tortillas, I will go to a local place, not a chain. I don't care for their ranch potatoes but my husband loves them. I will get grits or fresh fruit instead. They also give you a carafe of coffee so you can refill your own as needed and they offer flavored coffee as well.

We like it and go at least 3 times a month on the weekends.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:58 AM

139 posts, read 363,667 times
DH and I just went last week for the first time and we enjoyed it. We went to the 151 location, and it was not busy. It was a weekday morning though.
Service was great. Food was good too. Had a choice of flavored coffee(s) Vs regular brew. I chose hazelnut. It was very good. I had the Mexican omelet with chorizo, and DH had a frittata..do not know which one, it did have spinach in it.
We definitely will go back again!

Old 02-25-2009, 10:04 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
thanks for the comments! Ill have to check it out soon, probably a time when I can go with just my DH. What about the price? Do you get what you pay for? I ask because my family was disapointed in Panera Bread with the food and price, though I know people obviously adore the place.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:08 AM

83 posts, read 214,708 times
I was very disappointed with Panera. I could not believe the long lines for that place. I could have made a better and more filling sandwich at home for those prices (I could have made 10 sandwiches!). But I digress.

I think the Egg and I is good value for the money. We never leave hungry.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:43 AM

139 posts, read 363,667 times
The price there was reasonable for the amount of food. We definitely left full, and I wasn't hungry for lunch!

Old 02-25-2009, 11:02 AM

184 posts, read 462,001 times
I went to the one of 151 about 2 weeks back and must say i was not that impressed. The service was pretty slow, in fact a father and and his 2 sons were sat down across from us and ended up leaving because nobody ever came and took care of them. The food was decent, but imo not worth the wait.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:55 AM

109 posts, read 269,884 times
I miss my Waffle House.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
I've been to the Thousand Oaks location and the Sonterra Parkway location and enjoyed them both. It's one of the first places that comes to my mind for breakfast on the weekend. IMO, it's similar to Le Peep.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:24 PM

131 posts, read 378,883 times
The E&I is awesome, one of my favorite places for breakfast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio