Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2009, 08:08 AM

337 posts, read 827,491 times

Advertisements

So many things about this post give me pause..first for the record 01Snake is far from a cop, I believe the responce he gave is simply surprise that you would flag down a cop to attempt to discuss said cops driving. Clearly not the thing to do in retrospect. You then I assuume wish some sort of harm happen to us because you did not value his opinion? Really nice. I have no doubt you are a "concerned citizen". Lastly, show me any job that does not have it's issues. There are always good and bad. It is human nature. Take your complaints to the proper chanels. If you have a problem in your neighborhood, bring it up at your next meeting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 03:38 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,426,006 times
Coincidence that this suddenly appears on WOAI.com? Cops Crashes Putting You at Risk | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

and a BCSD deputy drinking with his BCSD deputy buddy WHILE DRIVING and pulling a gun on an SAPD? FOX San Antonio (no direct link to the story because KABB.com doesn't do that for some reason). An unacceptable amount of these people are definitely out of control. Where's the leadership?

Old 03-16-2009, 03:59 AM

72 posts, read 63,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Coincidence that this suddenly appears on WOAI.com? Cops Crashes Putting You at Risk | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

and a BCSD deputy drinking with his BCSD deputy buddy WHILE DRIVING and pulling a gun on an SAPD? FOX San Antonio (no direct link to the story because KABB.com doesn't do that for some reason). An unacceptable amount of these people are definitely out of control. Where's the leadership?
they are doing their job well, while other knuckleheads are goofing off. it IS like any other job.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:06 AM

Quote:
are you going to let us use your phone or computer/e-mail address?

remember, you have nothing to fear. They are only there to serve and protect....
yeah, pm me your contact info and you can meet me at my house. there is no issues here.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:09 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,073,824 times
So, concerned SA citizen is Brian Collister. I feel so used.

We've been played, y'all.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:20 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,426,006 times
no, it is not like any other job. You are held to a much higher standard when you take that oath. Any military/former military/or LE here will agree to that one.
and I keep saying this is a management issue, but it's obviously falling on deaf ears and/or being discombobulated into me blaming the street level officers, which I am not. I am trying to point out that there obviously is no leadership if members of the force are being arrested/cited/called out at what should be considered an alarming and definitely unusually high rate. A citizen should have complete trust in their local LE agency and that obviously is not possible here.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:45 AM

667 posts, read 1,569,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post

His story is what I was referring to a few pages back.... but his story is about SAPD, this thread started about BCSD... I'm confused!

Old 03-16-2009, 08:25 PM

35 posts, read 91,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post

I don't know who Collister is, but him and I are two different people.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:28 PM

35 posts, read 91,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd33 View Post
His story is what I was referring to a few pages back.... but his story is about SAPD, this thread started about BCSD... I'm confused!

Don't be confused. It was my mistake to title the thread the way I did. My house is right on the city limits so I feel like it's a San Antonio issue, even though my particular issue was with the BCSD.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
no, it is not like any other job. You are held to a much higher standard when you take that oath. Any military/former military/or LE here will agree to that one.
and I keep saying this is a management issue, but it's obviously falling on deaf ears and/or being discombobulated into me blaming the street level officers, which I am not. I am trying to point out that there obviously is no leadership if members of the force are being arrested/cited/called out at what should be considered an alarming and definitely unusually high rate. A citizen should have complete trust in their local LE agency and that obviously is not possible here.
well, lets look at this from a different view point. if your neighborhood is getting tagged up and graffiti is an issue, it must be the homeowners fault for not taking a leadership role in their community?

i mean if we are going to compare apples to apples, lets look at the whole picture. the reason many members here have a "tagging" problem is frankly because their leadership and pride has gone astray while they allow their community to fall victims to "hoodlums".

ah, i see what you mean now. its much more clear, thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concernedSAcitizen View Post
Don't be confused. It was my mistake to title the thread the way I did. My house is right on the city limits so I feel like it's a San Antonio issue, even though my particular issue was with the BCSD.
so did you contact those people i listed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio