Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 08:47 PM

19 posts, read 33,502 times

Advertisements

I would like to further extend this post by mentioning a recent incident that still still ticks me off.

The other day I was driving home after just cashing my check at the bank, I deposited the money I wouldnt need and I kept several hundred so I could give to my kids mom. Anyhow Im driving along 36th st and Fortuna when two cops pull me over for no apparrent reason. I was driving straight seat belt was on all my lights were working so Im a bit confused. They ask me for the usual stuff license registration an insurance so I present all of the above. Then the cops ask me to get out of the car
they search me an then my car still for no reason. Then they find a bag that came with my amplifier an had screws in an say they found traces of meth. Till this day Ive never done a drug in my life. So then Im starting to get pissed an they do some more searching and find my wallet in the center console. Which is where most guys put it so they dont have to sit on it while driving. Then the cop an I remember his last name was gabriel says bingo we found the drug money an they tell me they are going to confiscate it. At this point I tell the officers that I am requesting a supervisor and that I still have my check stub and bank reciept in my pocket. So the cops say they were mistaken and let me go. They tell me to have a good evening and be safe. Which still doesnt answer my first question why was I even pulled over an searched. I seriously hate SAPD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 09:30 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,014,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsk8er2000 View Post
I would like to further extend this post by mentioning a recent incident that still still ticks me off.

The other day I was driving home after just cashing my check at the bank, I deposited the money I wouldnt need and I kept several hundred so I could give to my kids mom. Anyhow Im driving along 36th st and Fortuna when two cops pull me over for no apparrent reason. I was driving straight seat belt was on all my lights were working so Im a bit confused. They ask me for the usual stuff license registration an insurance so I present all of the above. Then the cops ask me to get out of the car
they search me an then my car still for no reason. Then they find a bag that came with my amplifier an had screws in an say they found traces of meth. Till this day Ive never done a drug in my life. So then Im starting to get pissed an they do some more searching and find my wallet in the center console. Which is where most guys put it so they dont have to sit on it while driving. Then the cop an I remember his last name was gabriel says bingo we found the drug money an they tell me they are going to confiscate it. At this point I tell the officers that I am requesting a supervisor and that I still have my check stub and bank reciept in my pocket. So the cops say they were mistaken and let me go. They tell me to have a good evening and be safe. Which still doesnt answer my first question why was I even pulled over an searched. I seriously hate SAPD
Harassment like this is why I carry a gun at all times.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:26 PM

72 posts, read 63,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
Harassment like this is why I carry a gun at all times.
why? to shoot a cop? that makes no sense

Old 03-16-2009, 10:35 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,048,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Save_Burbank View Post
Yes, I have to agree.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save_Burbank View Post
No, that's not what im saying. Im an official myself. If a "rouge" cop, which at the point that he or she chooses to be such btw is no longer representing his or her department in a lawful way anymore anyway, is harassing a citizen and falsely incriminating unlawfully a person into a corner then he or she does have the legal right to protect themselves from such harassment from that unlawful act. That does not mean that anyone should shoot anyone, but may choose to protect themselves from criminal activity by said unlawfuly acting official. I have seen too many cases of this type before and it should not be left unjust because someone is using their badge to commit false acusations, and create fear. I myself have been pulled over on a county dirt road by an off duty deputy in East Texas and told that I should not be in the area simply because that off duty official did not know me, and I was on a quiet road near his residence at night when in fact I owned property there as well. Said official did threaten me with force, and I in turn retaliated and he was removed from the force. That's my only point. Btw, I do believe that the majority of all officials in all scenerios are heros, and not of these likes, but there are undboutedly isolated instances of corruption every day.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:01 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,426,574 times
TX_AGGIE13, nice recovery.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:10 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,374,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
TX_AGGIE13, nice recovery.
SNORT!!!!! LMAO!!!! gw...you are too funny!!!

Old 03-16-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
SNORT!!!!! LMAO!!!! gw...you are too funny!!!
Well I was going to ask the same questions that the other two asked, but by the time I got back to the site, he explained - and yes, I think that he gave a great explanation!

I read an article not long ago about a couple of rogue police (maybe troopers?) that were pulling folks over and threatening, stealing, etc. I'll see if I can find the link....

Old 03-16-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Well I was going to ask the same questions that the other two asked, but by the time I got back to the site, he explained - and yes, I think that he gave a great explanation!

I read an article not long ago about a couple of rogue police (maybe troopers?) that were pulling folks over and threatening, stealing, etc. I'll see if I can find the link....
I know there was one I belive in the Texas forum about officials in Teneha, TX.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
I know there was one I belive in the Texas forum about officials in Teneha, TX.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/texas...tenaha-tx.html

That sounds like the one...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio