Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 12:59 AM

5 posts, read 21,316 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a good, clean, safe place for ear piercing? My daughter is 4 mos old and I would like to get this done before she gets older.
Thanks

And please, I would appreciate no debates. Just some useful info. Thanks Again.

Last edited by Mars22; 03-09-2009 at 01:24 AM.. Reason: Don't want any fights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 01:02 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
Have you asked your pediatrician?

I took my daughter to *gasp* WALMART off Potranco and 1604 and "Maria" did it. Maria was recommended to me by a friend of mine, she did a great job btw and was good with my daughter. Just a suggestion...

Old 03-09-2009, 01:12 AM

1,366 posts, read 4,486,155 times
you can check with your pediatricians office --- some peds do it there, others do not...

for both my daughters i just took them to the piercing pagoda at ingram park mall --- neither one of the girls had any problems with infection --- they cleaned my girls lobes prior to piercing, they wore gloves, the piercing guns were sanitized, etc...

honestly, most of the responsiblty to prevent infection will be with the way you care for your daughters ears after the piercing --- you will have to clean them and turn the earrings on a very regular basis --- i would dip a q-tip in the cleaning solution and i would clean the lobe, front and back, every morning and every night --- i would also turn the earrings at every diaper change, just to make it some sort of schedule --- i know i was excessive, but like i said, we never had red lobes or infections or anything --- and when it came time that i was able to change out the earrings i never had any problems ---

now, a word of warning --- when we had the girls done, both were about 3months old --- and because we did it at the mall we did get a couple of very snide remarks from passerby's --- saying we were cruel, etc...one old lady straight up told me that if she had a gun she would pull it out and shoot me...so, if you go to the mall, or any public place, be prepared for what you may hear...

also, with both girls, i took a bottle and gave it to them right after the piercing and they both forgot about crying right away --- really, i peronsally think it is the noise the scares them than the actual piercing ...

also, if i remember correctly, my oldest daugther had 1 ear done at a time --- with my 2nd daughter there were 2 workers and they marked her ears and each of them did 1 ear at the same time, which i much preferred...so you may want to see if that is an option...

one more side note --- you may want to edit your post to ask for no debates or flames --- this is one of those topics that i have seen go very wrong on other boards and i would hate to see that happen here...

good luck on your decision...

Old 03-09-2009, 02:03 AM

571 posts, read 1,931,883 times
WOW she said if she had a gun she would shoot you?? How horrible.. is that typical I thought SA was the friendliest city lol

Old 03-09-2009, 02:09 AM

1,366 posts, read 4,486,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasksgirl View Post
WOW she said if she had a gun she would shoot you?? How horrible.. is that typical I thought SA was the friendliest city lol
yeah, can you believe it??? --- now i took it with a grain of salt because she was like 89 years old and probably half senile...but dh was not too happy, infact i remember him muttering something under his breath about the gun he was carrying in his back pocket...

Old 03-09-2009, 05:38 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
I would've pressed charges on the old bat.. my granddaughter just had this done (at about 4 months), but I don't know where they went to get it done.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:04 AM

616 posts, read 2,082,908 times
I second the pediatrician recommendation. I had mine done at the Piercing Pagoda when I was five or six (I have very vague memories of the piercing gun making a lot of noise, and very momentary pain, but nothing traumatic), whereas my sister had hers done as an infant at the peds office, which I think is probably a little better from a quality control and hygiene standpoint.

I also second mrstxcop on the aftercare.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:40 AM

237 posts, read 600,862 times
Mrs--I am floored that someone said that to you! I'm glad she was an old lady because had it been me, I would have throttled her butt.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:49 AM

284 posts, read 1,086,956 times
I had my older daughter's ears pierced at the pediatrician's office. They would not do it until she was either 3 months or 4 months--I can't remember now. That was 14 years ago. She cried of course, so I fed her immediately afterward and she was fine. She never had any problems with infections.

When she was about 4 years old, her earring (just a stud, not a hoop or dangling one) got caught on something and tore a bit. Since then she has not wanted to wear earrings. The holes have grown in and since she is deathly afraid of needles, she will probably never get them re-pierced!

Old 03-09-2009, 10:42 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,361,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowglobe View Post
When she was about 4 years old, her earring (just a stud, not a hoop or dangling one) got caught on something and tore a bit. Since then she has not wanted to wear earrings. The holes have grown in and since she is deathly afraid of needles, she will probably never get them re-pierced!
My daughter had hers pierced when she was 13....her choice....but she almost fainted afterward. She too is afraid of needles...passes out at the doctors office. But to my surprise, when she was in the 10th grade, she pierced them again ON HER OWN....and didn't faint! I just noticed her wearing double studs the next day and all I could do was laugh! If they want it bad enough the mind can do anything! LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio