Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 11:05 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times

Advertisements

I'm really sorry about the loss of your dog. I can't imagine how horrible it was to witness something like this.

CG....I understand your point of compassion for her loss. However, her post may serve two purposes here.....to voice her grief and to inform others.
A couple of the posts may sound a bit harsh, but in general she deserves thanks for allowing discussion about how to avoid these kinds of situations. My daughter has a small dog, and I guarantee she has learned something from this thread from some of the other seasoned dog owners. I hope the OP can feel some peace from knowing that the advice from others, as well as her own tragedy may be helping other unsuspecting dog owners take more precautions if they use a dog park. It's truly tragic....but there is good coming out of this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 06:49 PM

119 posts, read 430,704 times
I am so deeply heartbroken for your loss. I know that if my husband and I witnessed this we would have come to you and your dog's aid....and taken you to the vet and not let you worry about money. We have a 2 pound Chihuahua that thinks she's a bad ass....but we know she would be no match for a big dog. Again, I'm soooo sorry!

Old 03-16-2009, 09:08 AM

17 posts, read 34,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CameraGirl View Post
After reading all your responses to this poor lady who just lost her dog and you are all being so pious and judgemental! Well, I am ashamed of all of you! The second poster has to correct her mis-spelling- what the *@&%. Then all of you going on and on how you have the perfect way & methodology of dealing with your dog while at dog. parks. Well how very wonderful for all you all. To use this forum to self-aggrandize your very special dog handling ways- is to me sickening. Anyone who didn't just either make a mental note to yourself about this thread and possibly just offering the poor poster some sympathy- Well, SHAME ON YOU! I have been mortified- reading these posts and it makes me wonder what is going on in your hearts. Get off your high freakin' horses for just this one thread and be decent, kind hearted people! This lady has been deeply hurt and doesn't need your weirdnesses to make her feel any worse.

Moderator cut: see comment

Some people were definitely messed up to write some of the things they did.. some some had no reason to come at me the way they did and some people just wanted to imform me or others. I don't want this to happen to any one else ever so if they know what to do its better for everyone! I want people to learn from my situation. Some people know what they are talking about and some people don't and need to think about what they write and how what they write could effect me in the wrong way during this hard time I have to face. Thank you so much for letting others know that they are heartless and need to be kind. You are so right

Old 03-16-2009, 09:26 AM

337 posts, read 826,430 times
I'm horrified at your experience. My heart goes out to you. I have no idea what I would do if I saw that happen to my Louis (20 LB pug).

To all dog owners let this be a warning. Dogs are pack animals and if you take your baby to a public place for play and exercise, be conscious of what they are doing. It is all owners responsibility to keep an eye on their animal. It kills me that people stood around and did nothing while your baby was being attacked. There is no excuse for that and they should be ashamed of themselves.

You can bet I would go back there and confront those folks. I would get the animal control involved and post information around the park about what happened. I would demand those owners compensate me for what happened and I would have all of the dogs involved quaranteened by the animal control.

I can assure you those dogs have attacked before and the owners ignored it. it will no doubt happen again if they are not forced to see that there is a problem.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:28 PM

18 posts, read 38,670 times
I just want to reiterate - don't take your eyes off of your dog for one second at the dog park! My friends learned this lesson the hard way at McAllister Park yesterday, when one of their dogs was attacked and nearly had his ear ripped off. They were there with 2 friendly dogs, a black lab and a border collie, having a good time, until they took their eyes off the dogs. The next thing they knew, the lab was all bloody with his ear all torn up. They didn't see the attack occur, so they had no idea exactly what occurred and what dog bit him. Seeing all the blood really scared them, though, and they immediately rushed the dog to the vet. Luckily, the dog had no other serious injuries, and the vet was able to stitch up his ear. But taking their eyes off their dogs, even for a moment, ended up costing them a lot of money in vet bills and pain and stress for their poor dog. This story has a much happier ending than the OP's, but it could have been just as tragic. Please be vigilant about watching your dogs when they off leash, for their own safety!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: