Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2010, 02:37 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,540,445 times

Advertisements

RodLu, unfortunately I think alot of it is society in general. Just no manners and it's all about them. Sadly it's what they are teaching their children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 02:49 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,712,823 times
Default "Agreed......."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
RodLu, unfortunately I think alot of it is society in general. Just no manners and it's all about them. Sadly it's what they are teaching their children.
You're right, mamatotex.......

Old 07-25-2010, 03:12 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,119,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
I hate that noone understands the phrase "excuse me" when you are trying to pass or go around when you are at the mall or HEB or the outlets.....Too many times I have had to say it three times getting louder each time. The other day at the outlets one lady actually scoffed at me. Seriously?
Mine is someone says excuse me but I can't move because I asked the person in front of me excuse me and they still aren't moving yet. grrr..it's a chain reaction.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:24 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,132,407 times
I love the zoo. It is GREAT

I hate the humidity. It is stifling.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:03 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,046,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodLu View Post
I was once watching a report on the news about how too many people here in town do not say "Thank You." too many times like when, say for example, you are {or maybe even make an effort to be} kind and polite enough to chivalrously-open and hold the door for someone {at a store, mall, wherever}. They do not even silently give you a thankful nod of acknowledgement.....
That happens because of the pervasive sense of entitlement that is ingrained in the culture.

I used to get irritated by it. I really don't give a gnat's butt anymore. I still hold the door for people, women and men but that's because it's something I was taught to do as a young boy and it's burned into my brain LOL. Really not a bad thing, though. My life got better when I realized that it doesn't change anything in my life if people are impolite.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:42 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,712,823 times
Default "I'll Get The Door For You......."

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
That happens because of the pervasive sense of entitlement that is ingrained in the culture.

I used to get irritated by it. I really don't give a gnat's butt anymore. I still hold the door for people, women and men but that's because it's something I was taught to do as a young boy and it's burned into my brain LOL. Really not a bad thing, though. My life got better when I realized that it doesn't change anything in my life if people are impolite.
Yeah, I still do it too. My father still does it also.......

Old 07-25-2010, 10:15 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,617,197 times
Quote:
I love the zoo. It is GREAT
Especially when the zoo makes the news when the animals think the zookeepers are grrrrrreat snacks.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:36 PM

18,129 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Mine is someone says excuse me but I can't move because I asked the person in front of me excuse me and they still aren't moving yet. grrr..it's a chain reaction.
Worse than that....
when somebody is right in the way, you say "excuse me" and then answer with a mean "Excuse me!!!".
And I'm left thinking: "Why in the hell did I say excuse me in a nice way?"

Old 07-26-2010, 04:05 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,119,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Worse than that....
when somebody is right in the way, you say "excuse me" and then answer with a mean "Excuse me!!!".
And I'm left thinking: "Why in the hell did I say excuse me in a nice way?"
He he. I get ya.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:20 PM

129 posts, read 335,166 times
I no longer get offended by idiots. I get entertained.

Since they're everywhere, they might as well lighten the mood rather than ruin it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio