Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 10:26 AM

81 posts, read 187,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralmaraz View Post
Oh my now that's a better price. What's the guy's name or number. I would greatly appreciate any information. Does he pour concrete in the culebra/1604 area?
I'm also interested and i'm in the same area, please provide this info if possible, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,944,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rtigo View Post
wait, what's the big deal? $5 isn't even a good price. i just did a big patio for $4 per foot, and it was rather complex. probably would've been cheaper if it was a plain rectangle.
Since a couple of members have expressed interest, I'll mention that as long as you're not promoting your own services or benefitting from the mention in some way, it would be within the rules here to post contact info for your patio contractor. Otherwise, please share it via DM.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:31 AM

33 posts, read 81,646 times
I am also looking for someone for about 75' of sidewalk in my backyard, $5 per sq. foot seems a little high unless it's over 5 inches thick with allot of curves. Any ideas on savings if the forms are already in place?

Old 03-27-2009, 12:31 PM

337 posts, read 823,061 times
I need a driveway extension done too.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:05 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,170,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick331 View Post
I am also looking for someone for about 75' of sidewalk in my backyard, $5 per sq. foot seems a little high unless it's over 5 inches thick with allot of curves. Any ideas on savings if the forms are already in place?

The forms are the hard part. Could you do the cement yourself?

Old 03-27-2009, 03:37 PM

278 posts, read 689,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Since a couple of members have expressed interest, I'll mention that as long as you're not promoting your own services or benefitting from the mention in some way, it would be within the rules here to post contact info for your patio contractor. Otherwise, please share it via DM.
definitely not me nor is he a relative or anything like that. found him cause he was one of the few people with a website. at any rate, here is his website:
J. G. Williams Construction Inc. - San Antonio, Texas

to everyone,
please do your own negotiating. you don't know how big my project was so you might not get the same price. also, i did this in mid winter when things were probably slow, so don't complain to me if you can't get the same price. he was honest, arrived on time, etc. none of that bait and switch pricing i've seen so often in this city.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:09 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,170,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rtigo View Post
to everyone,
please do your own negotiating. you don't know how big my project was so you might not get the same price. also, i did this in mid winter when things were probably slow, so don't complain to me if you can't get the same price. he was honest, arrived on time, etc. none of that bait and switch pricing i've seen so often in this city.
good advise V3rtigo.

My dh and I were just talking about this yesterday. He said a friend of his was just telling him that he is now charging $4.75/ft due to the economy. Down from $7.50 last year. He said there isn't much business out there right now.

If you have the money, looks like now is a good time.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,976 times
Default Concrete Work

that is not true. I am a wife to a Contractor. he is in the buisness of Concrete Work. the going rates are anywhere from 4.50 to 5.00. That is with materials, without it is a differnet price.That will vary. What all do you need. Foundation,sidewalk,commercial,patios or etc. we are not local. we are out of the Angleton Area. I am only posting to inform. Ask for references of past jobs and doooooooooo verify. there are alot of out of towners. Do not give your hard earned money to just anyone for a crappy job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio