Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 07:29 AM

325 posts, read 781,140 times

Advertisements

Old 04-16-2009, 07:45 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
Ted's version of the National Anthem was my favorite part, but I don't know how he did it. It's like he played rhythm and lead on the same guitar. I watched it on FOX and they zoomed in on his guitar and it was amazing because the sound didn't equal what the hands were doing. Can any guitar player explain how he did that? Jimi Hendrix was my all-time favorite, but this one was up in that league.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:47 AM

266 posts, read 706,503 times
well that was a great time. a fine first time for me doing anything political. i have always just mined my own business and left the protesting to Moderator cut: substitute "others". however, now the Moderator cut: substitute "others" are running things! they are destroying the foundations of the country, so i couldn’t just set there any long. so this was my first action, with more to come..

what i find amusing, is the attitude from the Moderator cut: substitute "others" and the liberal media. is it not amazing how they are attacking the tea parties? the same type of thing that when others (their side) do it, get nothing but praise and respect. lol. typical.

Last edited by Bo; 04-16-2009 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: This thread/forum is not the place to sling insults at people with opposing political viewpoints.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:52 AM

18,132 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Express-News front page story (not yet posted on mysa.com) estimated 5,500 at The Alamo and 100 at the overflow area at Hemisfair Park.
I doubt that any local media organization is particularly well-equipped to estimate the size of crowds.
Wow.... I estimated 5000.
With all the protests in Venezuela, I learned the way "they" estimate people in protests.
They take an aerial picture and estimate X number of people per square meter/yard.
My method is a little more "crappy", I just imagine how big of a stadium it would take to fit everybody.

This is more like what I'm used to seeing (pro & anti government protests look about the same size)
http://www.mre.gov.ve/Noticias/Presidente-Chavez/A2004/MarchaVict-06.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-16-2009, 08:03 AM

266 posts, read 706,503 times
i have some cool video. and here is a great photo!

Old 04-16-2009, 08:21 AM

152 posts, read 412,427 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

SA had a good protest. Could it have been better? Sure. Could it have been less one-sided in regards to party affiliation and religious orientation? Sure. Does this surprise me being in SA? No. Just some constructive criticism. Bring in both, or all, "sides" and the numbers will speak for themselves and the results will be seen. Until then we will always have the struggle between parties, and never find a happy median.

Last edited by Bo; 04-16-2009 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: orphaned - the post it refers to was deleted

Old 04-16-2009, 08:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I found it to be VERY disappointing! I was expecting it to be somewhat bipartisan, but found it to be like a Palin rally full of those nasty extremists. There were few if any moderates to be found. Low taxes are not exclusively the province of Republicans, imo. There are a considerable amount of Democrats who are also for fair taxes and no bailouts. I abhor using taxpayer $$ to bailout overextended mortgage borrowers, for example. But the right-to-lifers, guntoters, God pushing ppl were overrepresented.
My question to these folks is "why did they not come out and protest when their hero george w was in office demanding billions to keep us in iraq and afghanistan, pledging $15B to african countries for AIDS, rewarding all of the corporate interests, etc?".
Why did they wait until Obama came into office? I've gotta give them credit though. The signs were not racist, except for one transient fellow whose sign read " SAve the White PPl".
what did you expect, a bunch of extreme libs who supported Obama to show up?

Nita

Old 04-16-2009, 09:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DMaxx View Post
thanks for posting that...

Nita

Old 04-16-2009, 09:09 AM

152 posts, read 412,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what did you expect, a bunch of extreme libs who supported Obama to show up?

Nita

That's exactly who I didn't expect to show up.

Moderator cut: see comment

SA is a great city, but there is definately room for improvement. What we had yesterday, as others have mentioned, is a start. Now we just need to build from there, getting better as we go, and eventually (hopefully) we can change Washington for the good of all.

Last edited by Bo; 04-16-2009 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: We're discussing the event in this thread, not the politics. P&OC is the place to do that here.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:50 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
Well guy, I didn't see what got deleted out of your posts, but hafta say that what was left was some of the most balanced, non-partisan of ANY in this thread! Kudos to you! I sincerely appreciate what you've said and commend you for going to the Tea Party even when you knew you'd be sort of "outcast". (You're a better person than me! As a newly reformed agnostic, the wounds of my "cult" days are too fresh to expose myself to all that! LOL!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio