Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2009, 10:45 AM

3,109 posts, read 9,838,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
He didn't specify who the DNS server belonged to and I took that to mean that it affected an entire hosting company. It could have even affected several hosting companies if the companies are colocated in the same datacenter. The hosting company I used to work for was colocated with others in a large datacenter, so an outage at the datacenter affected all of that company's clients, plus all of the datacenter's clients.

I'm sure that City-Data's web host has other customers, but you could be right.

In any case, attacks like this are the equivalent of cutting the power to an entire city because you're mad at someone who lives there.

If it is a hacker I would rather think it is somebody who might have a personal grudge then to think it might be an attack from outside our borders.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:20 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
It's not a free hat, but it is free Best Deal: El Pollo Loco Coupons and El Pollo Loco Coupon Code

Old 07-29-2009, 12:21 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,000,621 times
Can I post a thank you on here??

I went to Lowe's this morning and when I started ( ha ha ) to leave, my van wouldn't start. One of the Lowe's employees tried to jump start it with no luck. While I was waiting on help to arrive a really nice gentlemen and his wife came by and got it started for me.

So just in case your on here...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 05:41 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Glad someone took time out of their busy day to help you! We don't hear about this kind of stuff often enough, and I know it happens a lot here.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:10 AM

604 posts, read 1,530,622 times
I am not having a good day--already! Maybe I can get some advice... we finance our car through a well known auto finance company and we have our payment automatically deducted from our account on the 20th ($466.00)- well this month I guess they decided they needed more money ( we were not behind and we did not authorized this) so on the 24th they took another 466.00 out of our account. We paid off a lot of bills this month so 400.00 was all we had left in our account to make it to next pay day-- so we also got hit with an NSF fee. Now we are negative -$440 in our account. We have spoke with representatives, supervisors, managers; had them talk in confrence with our bank, provided them with statements from our account via email, fax and verbal confirmation. They dont deny that the error was theirs- but they each (each person) keep giving us delays tactics-"we need to pass this thru accounting" or " we will have it taken care of midnight tomorrow" none of which have been done. Meanwhile we have had no cash available to us, had to charge gas. Yes we have 401K but by the time you start that process- we thought we would have this mess cleared up.Any one have any suggestions on what other avenues we can take--at this point I am just so angry that they took my money with out my permission and wont give it back!!! Petty as it sounds, that is what it boils down to.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:53 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,710,202 times
Nicholasa101, sorry to hear about that. I wanted to comment..do not...DO NOT take money out of 401k for anything unless you absolutely need to. Can you keep charging on your card until you get the situation fixed?

Old 07-30-2009, 07:54 AM

2,260 posts, read 5,616,707 times
What does your finance company say about the double-dipping? I'd be raising hell with them and they'd sure as the dickens be paying those NSF fees.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:58 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,710,202 times
Here we go again:

Organic food is no healthier, study finds
Organic food is no healthier, study finds | Science | Reuters

"Our review indicates that there is currently no evidence to support the selection of organically over conventionally produced foods on the basis of nutritional superiority."

Ah, but organic food just tastes better...maybe that's worth the price...I don't know anymore. This is a big blow to the organic food businesses....

Old 07-30-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
What does your finance company say about the double-dipping? I'd be raising hell with them and they'd sure as the dickens be paying those NSF fees.

Well my hubby is the nice yet persistent type-- I have let him handle it until now. I am raising hell now and they are paying the NSF fees. But I just dont know what else I can threaten them with to make them get on the ball. I have already started to file fraud papers through our bank, I have left messages for two managers telling them I will file a complaint with the BBB-- but I dont think they really care about that---

Old 07-30-2009, 08:37 AM

BTW- incase others don't know this, please learn from my mistake- if you give a company your routing information and checking account info for the intent of setting up an automatic payment--you cant stop/block them from taking a payment out in the future. You can dispute it-which is what I am going thru, but you can not stop them from taking out "their payment" even if they are taking it out twice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio