Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2009, 09:22 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,398 times

Advertisements

Ladies I have a question for you.

I purchase my shirts, both casual and dress from LL Bean (on-line). I usually pay $40.00 for a XL Tall shirt. I don't mind spending the money due to the quality and the fact that I know they will always fit the same.
I am loosing weight and if I'm lucky the shirts will become too big for me, fitting "blousy" *I feel that I will end up in a Large Tall which I wore for years. I hate to get rid of the shirts since they are all in great shape. I bought five this past week.

Can shirts be taken in on the sides and still fit well? What do you think that would cost per shirt?

Thank you.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:47 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,361,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Ladies I have a question for you.

I purchase my shirts, both casual and dress from LL Bean (on-line). I usually pay $40.00 for a XL Tall shirt. I don't mind spending the money due to the quality and the fact that I know they will always fit the same.
I am loosing weight and if I'm lucky the shirts will become too big for me, fitting "blousy" *I feel that I will end up in a Large Tall which I wore for years. I hate to get rid of the shirts since they are all in great shape. I bought five this past week.

Can shirts be taken in on the sides and still fit well? What do you think that would cost per shirt?

Thank you.
Yes...they can be taken in. What you're talking about is what would be equivalent to a "european" cut. They are more tapered toward the body. You might want to try on a few shirts with that cut to see if you like it. As far as cost, it's all going to depend on the quality of the tailor. I don't know where you live, but there is a tailor/cleaners on Harry Wurzbach across from the National Cemetery. Can't think of the name right now....but they do all the dress uniforms and fittings for the military personnel on Ft Sam. You know that military standard is very strict. They have people standing out the door when everyone gets off work. I was the odd ball standing in line with a brand new king sized bed spread that needed to be cut down. They did a fantastic job for about $45. Of course clothes will be way less.....you're talking about a simple seam...not complicated alterations. It would probably be worth it. Good luck.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:52 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
I'm far from the oldest student in my classes and I am quite a bit older than Nick. I finish my BSBA in March and hope to continue on to an MBA and maybe another Masters after that, depending on how long I can extend the VA gravy train. I'm in this strange program where my last two courses are 600 level, so I'll technically be in a Masters as I get my Bachelors. Works for me I guess.
BTW, I was put on book hold because my VA payment didn't get there in time. I thought it was pretty retarded that they wouldn't send me books just for a late payment and they also took away my access to the e-books online. I can still attend classes, though. I had to call them today and straighten it out. The computer took away, but did not give it back when the payment made it there, which it did a few days ago. Hopefully they fix that problem.
so nobody noticed the Lexis on the cover of today's Drive section of the E-N? I told my daughter to take it to the Lexus dealer and tell them she wants one so it can match most of her name.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:56 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
I never found the Lexis. I guess her name is Alexis? Pretty name!

Old 08-14-2009, 10:57 PM

District-9 was a VERY interesting, different movie. I really liked it. It wasn't what I expected at all.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:06 PM

It's the first word in the title of the article at the top of the section. They review the new Lexus RX, but spell it Lexis. I can see a typo here or there, but it was the first word in the only article on the main page. I noticed it instantly and don't see how an editor could miss it. I don't even see how the janitor could've missed it..

Alexis is a nice name, but we rarely call her that. I can't list most of the names I call her, but Lex is one of them.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:24 AM

pretty crazy in the politics thread when you have to report a mod for offensive posts.. I had to do my part to support Texas, though. I know I have issues with the state, but would never generalize like this person did. Plus I know there are at least a few good things about the state, like the ability to take your own bite out of crime

Old 08-15-2009, 03:51 AM

Excellent way to start out the day. Want to feel at least 10 years younger?
Look at Kate Moss at only 35... Why DOES Kate Moss look so bad? We reveal how her party lifestyle has finally caught up with her | Mail Online

Old 08-15-2009, 05:50 AM

Kate Moss = overrated by a mile.

I don't get the whole 'supermodel' thing anyway. There are so many beautiful, thin women that I don't see how one stands out--especially her. Must be the cheekbones? Dunno.

*it's not jealousy, either. That's usually what men say right after a comment like that.

Kate Moss
Drew Barrymore <<<<< my girl crush
Rachel McAdams <<<<<who I'd cheat on Drew with
Angelina

I could go on.......

Old 08-15-2009, 07:55 AM

3,109 posts, read 9,836,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Kate Moss = overrated by a mile.

I don't get the whole 'supermodel' thing anyway. There are so many beautiful, thin women that I don't see how one stands out--especially her. Must be the cheekbones? Dunno.

*it's not jealousy, either. That's usually what men say right after a comment like that.

Kate Moss
Drew Barrymore <<<<< my girl crush
Rachel McAdams <<<<<who I'd cheat on Drew with
Angelina

I could go on.......
My favorite is Charlize Theron!!! I luv those African American girls!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio