Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2009, 07:54 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,177,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
LOL we had a whole thread about that and apparently, we're the only two mothers on the planet who are able to keep track of our kids, remember Miss Perfect Pants?

It's despicable what she did, but I'm oh so sure it was just a good mom that didn't mean any harm.
me too!! My problem is, my oldest is away at college and I'm still trying to keep tabs on her.
You should here me, "be careful, watch for deer, watch for drunk drivers, use your smarts, remember everything I taught you, and CALL ME!!"

She just doesn't understand that in my eyes she will always be my little girl. It is so hard to let go. But I'm getting better, I promise .

haha, Miss Perfect Pants!! I think I remember who you're talking about

Old 09-18-2009, 08:22 AM

162 posts, read 702,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
that's pretty awesome of them, perticusrex.

wCat, what was the first hardest laughter from?

Oh btw, nice to have all the women in here...looks like I'm the only other guy posting
Just took a glimpse at your pictures -- is that a ::gasp:: piebald dachshund you have there? So friggin' cute. We have a half red half piebald. Love 'em!

Old 09-18-2009, 08:29 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,257,654 times
Quote:
LOL we had a whole thread about that and apparently, we're the only two mothers on the planet who are able to keep track of our kids, remember Miss Perfect Pants?

It's despicable what she did, but I'm oh so sure it was just a good mom that didn't mean any harm.
Ohh oops sorry I didnt catch that - there are so many of these same stories popping up every week - blah

Old 09-18-2009, 10:10 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,310,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
that's pretty awesome of them, perticusrex.

wCat, what was the first hardest laughter from?

Oh btw, nice to have all the women in here...looks like I'm the only other guy posting
Nick...lets just say I can be a complete dumbdot at times. Lately it becoming too frequent. But at least I can admit to it and laugh about it~

Old 09-18-2009, 02:46 PM

5,643 posts, read 15,656,109 times
Lol, I've never heard of "dumbdot" before.....so that's funny in itself.

Oh no, neighbor just got a loud boom box speaker system installed in his car

Old 09-18-2009, 05:44 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,902,336 times
OMG this just hits way too close to home, literally. Zachary Middle School is in the next neighborhood over from me. How tragic and sad for this family. RIP Alfie. Mom thinks swine flu, but I think there is more to the story than that. He must have had some underlying health issues, even besides the pneumonia.

Mom says swine flu contributed to teen son's death | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

Old 09-18-2009, 09:51 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,669,358 times
Holy crap, we just got a piece of mail indicating that an upcoming wedding is off...NEVeR seen that.

Just went to the brides shower, gifts, lots of fun...

Old 09-18-2009, 10:18 PM

mmmmmmmm.......Schlotsky's.

I had talked myself out of liking that place a few years ago, but my son's friend wanted it for dinner tonight. I usually try and appease this kid, because he's really finicky and after the craptastic day I had, it was just easier to agree. Well, he's my new BFF (sorry Jules--but it won't last long, he's 14) but yummmmmmmm I am loving Schlotsky's once again. The one on Bandera has some REALLY friendly, NICE kids working there. I am going to call the manager tomorrow and tell him just how nice they were. Great service from a fast-food place.

And for those of you keeping track of my eating habits (you know who you are), yes, it's a chain, yes it's fast food. So sue me.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:28 PM

604 posts, read 1,525,162 times
Quote:
OMG this just hits way too close to home, literally. Zachary Middle School is in the next neighborhood over from me. How tragic and sad for this family. RIP Alfie. Mom thinks swine flu, but I think there is more to the story than that. He must have had some underlying health issues, even besides the pneumonia.

Mom says swine flu contributed to teen son's death | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

This story freaks me out!! My son is 11 and goes to Luna- he was sent home on Thursday for asthma problems. We did the normal treatments that night but early Friday morning he woke up with a high fever and said he felt awful, weak, sore throat, headache. So I took him straight to the ER. He had a fever of 103.7, but they really treated me like I was over reacting and said that the only thing they could do was treat the symptoms, and that the media was making the swine flu sound worse than it really was! I had to insist that they do a "flu wash" on him and test him for the swine flu. After 6 hours of being there- we did find that he has the flu- not the swine flu, but they sent him home with no meds. I'm going to go check on him again- think I'll make him sleep with me tonight!

Old 09-18-2009, 10:33 PM

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that!!! Unfortunately, I too think they are making too big of a deal out of the swine flu, but if my kid had those symptoms along with that temp, you can bet I'd be demanding answers, too. I will keep your boy in my thoughts and prayers tonight and I hope he's better in the morning. It's so scary to have a sick kid!

I am sure that Alfie's mom is just looking for answers and something to blame for his death. I feel so bad for her. Life will never be the same.

This is for perticus.....another gem of a mom! This one needs her butt kicked, you first, then I'll go finish her off.

Police say shoplifting mom left baby behind | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio