Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2009, 11:47 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,705,582 times

Advertisements

Wow, what a story, guys! Now, do I really wanna get married??

Old 09-20-2009, 01:54 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,774,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasa101 View Post
reminds me of a story about myself-right after having my first son- I was trying to be super mom and super wife. And of course my husband was letting me! I was cooking and cleaning and nursing and changing pampers...and so on. In the middle of all this-he asked me to fix him an omlette, well the baby was crying and hubby was sitting on the couch drinking his coffee. I just blew up like a crazy hormonal person!!! I came out of the kitchen yelling about what a no good lazy a$$ good for nothing @#!$ he was and THREW his omlette (plate and all) at him..eggs were everywhere!!!! The look on his face was priceless!!!! Then I took of and went to my mommy's house for a few hours. When I came home- all was cleaned, baby was fed and content I just went crazy for a little while, its kinda funny now.
Well, I surely wasn't SuperWife, and i sure didn't aspire to that... not sure how you gleaned that from my story of Jim slamming lasagna against the drapes and my leaving after throwing out a generalized threat.....
My point was that I married a 165 pound baby boy, and it didn't last. Big surprise.....
I deliberately stayed on the pill (oh and a bad case of chronic late night 'headaches')... so no children got exposed to the mess...
but truly.... I just couldn't ever get close to getting married again...
Recently, I've been thinking of some truly fine young men that I met AFTER my divorce, kind, good looking, reliable, loving, decent incomes... and I sent every single one of them packing over the most nonsensical stuff....
I was just DETERMINED that I would never live that way again....
............sigh............. took me a long long time to get over that painful, violent (!yes!) mess of a relationship .... whewwwww... then, I guess I was too old, no one was interested anymore....
I think of some of those fine young men who came courting after I left Jim, and how shabbily I treated them, how I sent everyone of them away....
for YEARS!!!!

Old 09-20-2009, 02:02 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,361,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Wow, what a story, guys! Now, do I really wanna get married??
Awww...Nick...somehow I don't see you playing frisbee with full dinner plates!

Old 09-20-2009, 02:30 PM

604 posts, read 1,530,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
Well, I surely wasn't SuperWife, and i sure didn't aspire to that... not sure how you gleaned that from my story of Jim slamming lasagna against the drapes and my leaving after throwing out a generalized threat.....
I wasn't suggesting that you aspired to be superwife- your story about your husbands behavior simply reminded me of some of my own stupid/childish behavior in my younger years--that's all.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:42 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,361,371 times
Pops.....I'm so glad you go rid of him. That kind of behavior often escalates. You got out at the right time. I'm so sorry it hurt your heart so deeply.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:51 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasa101 View Post
I wasn't suggesting that you aspired to be superwife- your story about your husbands behavior simply reminded me of some of my own stupid/childish behavior in my younger years--that's all.
We've all done things we're not proud of, that's for sure. Yours is somehow much more understandable, though. Well, as a hormonal woman anyway. Men would probably still not get it.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:03 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,705,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Awww...Nick...somehow I don't see you playing frisbee with full dinner plates!
Not with plates, but pizza, yes. Btw, the other day I forgot to remove the cardboard from a pizza in the oven and I ate about half of it before realizing it! So far so good..no problems .....yet.

So what happened to R2D2 anyways? Is he ever going to let us know if he went to the ER after all? Maybe all those bad SA drivers gave him kidney stones

Old 09-20-2009, 03:12 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
That's a great source of your daily fiber. Pizza-flavored fiber is da shiznit. Beats the heck outta Metamucil. blech that stuff is just gnarly.

I think rd is just making some lifestyle changes and that doesn't include us. We're the ones making him sick. Well, not me, but some of you other posters.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:25 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,682,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Not with plates, but pizza, yes. Btw, the other day I forgot to remove the cardboard from a pizza in the oven and I ate about half of it before realizing it! So far so good..no problems .....yet.

So what happened to R2D2 anyways? Is he ever going to let us know if he went to the ER after all? Maybe all those bad SA drivers gave him kidney stones
Maybe he ate some bad boxed potatoes.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:29 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,774,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Maybe he ate some bad boxed potatoes.
LOLOL, nawwww, someone threw them across the room before he could find his fork.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio