Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 09:27 AM

5,643 posts, read 15,653,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
I TOTALLY agree!!!! I was at Hobby Lobby last weekend buying stuff to build an atom. the atom had to have a "theme" so we spent about $30 on "beach stuff".
Wait, what? You had to build an "atom"? If you could do that, then you can create matter and you'd practically be God. You'd have the answer to how the universe was created.

Last edited by doss1; 10-28-2009 at 09:37 AM..

Old 10-28-2009, 09:37 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,176,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Wait, what? You had to build an "atom"? If you could do that, then you can create matter and you'd practically be God. You'd have the answer to how the universe was created.

Oh, I see it's a costume.

Never underestimate the power of women

Old 10-28-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousFive View Post
Man... that is completely ridiculous. How frustrating!
Yea, I spoke to some other parents who were pretty upset about it. If it wasn't themed it would have been much easier to find stuff around the house.

I told my daughter to use "nature" and put acorns, leaves, sticks, etc. but she wanted a "cool" project so I supposed some of the cost is partly my fault .
We did have fun building it. I hope I get an A+

Old 10-28-2009, 10:10 AM

905 posts, read 2,947,820 times
Quote:
Yea, I spoke to some other parents who were pretty upset about it. If it wasn't themed it would have been much easier to find stuff around the house.

I told my daughter to use "nature" and put acorns, leaves, sticks, etc. but she wanted a "cool" project so I supposed some of the cost is partly my fault .
The "cooler" the project, the higher the grade, perhaps? Sometimes I wonder. I've seen 'thrown together at the last second" projects, "looks like mommy did it all" projects, "spent a lot of moola on this one" projects, and "made only by kid" projects. Unless the project is just plain horrible or missing some of the elements on the rubric, they almost always get a good grade.

I hope I get an A+

LOL! I think we had to do a similar project, only it was a story book. All my son had to do was draw the pictures of the atom and write a story. He's not the best at drawing - unless it's a Halo II video game character.....in the past it was Pokemon. Still, he got an A grade and all it cost me was the printer ink and the paper.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:43 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,308,517 times
Quote:
Never underestimate the power of women
or KIDS~!!!!

Old 10-28-2009, 11:44 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,283,824 times
Quote:

you can do my homework for me too. how are you with networking and IS security?

Old 10-28-2009, 11:45 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,308,517 times
Quote:

Well....beach stuff should be on sale right now....smart thinkin' Mom!

Old 10-28-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Well....beach stuff should be on sale right now....smart thinkin' Mom!
Nope, not on-sale . My dd and I walked around Hobby Lobby for an hour picking out everything for a "sports" theme then we were getting the last item (the styrofoam ball for the nucleus) and she spotted the sea shells, UGH!! We put back the sports stuff and went with the sea shells. I told her yesterday that we should have used one of those cheesy little (about 6" across) blow up beach balls from Dollar Tree for the nucleus

The worst part is that I have this weakness for candles and they were 50% off, as were the crosses and home decor, soooo......... I ended up spending $135 in there

Old 10-28-2009, 05:32 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,524,237 times
I'm gonna be grandma to TWINS very soon now! Daughter is in labor, but a little early (even for twins), so I'll prolly be MIA for a while.

Play nice while I'm away!!!

Old 10-28-2009, 05:34 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,896,770 times
Yay!!!! Twins!!! How exciting! Good luck to everyone and I hope Mommy is doing OK......we'll be nice here, I promise!! Can't wait to see pics!!! (not here, of course....)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio