Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 10:37 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times

Advertisements

I know it's horrible stuff, but I heart bleach. Love the way it makes things smell so clean. mmmmmmmmmmm......... (Yes, I'm WEIRD!!!)

Old 02-15-2010, 10:52 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,710,202 times
Wait, wut?
I dont' think it's a bleaching issue. What's happening to my towels is that they are getting torn apart! For some reason I'm the only one that does that. Is there a setting or something for the machine? Gentle wash?
Man, this is hard stuff....

Old 02-15-2010, 11:34 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
front loader. They cost more, but pay it back real quick. The agitators on those top loaders are pretty rough on clothes, but shouldn't tear up towels, unless you're getting them from the dollar store or something. Go with the big thick ones. It's just like the washer, pay more up front, but save in the end.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:20 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Wait, wut?
I dont' think it's a bleaching issue. What's happening to my towels is that they are getting torn apart! For some reason I'm the only one that does that. Is there a setting or something for the machine? Gentle wash?
It might depend on what you use your towels for.....like cleaning airplanes carburetors.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
It might depend on what you use your towels for.....like cleaning airplanes carburetors.
Hehe I have a few that are still stained black from oil...

Old 02-15-2010, 03:24 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Quote:
Wait, wut?
I was just ASSuming you were bleaching your towels. I have no other suggestions than 1)no bleach (which you say you aren't using and you've never lied to me before, right? ) 2) get a better maid (she's not pressing your clothes right, either 3) better towels/better machine or 4) just air-dry.

We're coming up on the hot summer months, so air drying may be your best option.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:04 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,291,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
got a little criminal in your past?
it should only take about 10 minutes max, unless maybe your husband wasn't alone in receiving this gift. I know they were popular items when I picked up mine. Did you get it at Academy by any chance/
I did get it at Academy and it was the one you DM'd me about. The Mossberg - but I paid the regular price. I guess it took longer cause the young (very young) guy who was helping me kept doubling checking everything with the other guy working with him - and having a 2yr old with me probably didnt help either.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I was just ASSuming you were bleaching your towels. I have no other suggestions than 1)no bleach (which you say you aren't using and you've never lied to me before, right? ) 2) get a better maid (she's not pressing your clothes right, either 3) better towels/better machine or 4) just air-dry.
We're coming up on the hot summer months, so air drying may be your best option.
Now why would you think I have a maid when I'm the one washing the clothes?

I will try the air dry trick..but last time I did that, I found clothes strewn all over the yard and on the street............some were chewed...something lurks in my backyard.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:27 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Quote:
I will try the air dry trick..but last time I did that, I found clothes strewn all over the yard and on the street............some were chewed...something lurks in my backyard.
Well, maybe the backyard villain is the one chewing holes in your towels.

I'll take my Scooby snack now.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:22 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,207,973 times
Quote:
LOL. This story reminds me of when I first got married. I thought I would save some money and hang my clothes out to dry. I looked outside and there was a cow with my husbands jeans hanging out of her mouth .

Another time, stupid me, I hung out my clothes and then took the trash out behind the barn to burn it. DUH!!! Needless to say I had to wash that load again. This was when I was "young and dumb", amazing the things you learn as you grow up .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio