Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 06:14 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
We have purchased at water softener - hip hip horay and I don't know why we waited.

SA's hardwater is a pain, anyone else that has purchased one - how long does it take after install before you notice a difference? Any experiences?

I can't wait to not have to baby our new bathroom sink and custom glass door...and to worry about spotted drinking glasses being given to guests.
My suggestion is to start with a Calcium Spot Free House. Scub all of your Shower Tiles, Faucet Fixtures, Toilets, Showerheads, Flush your Water Heater,one last time and you will be fine. Be sure and set the Hardness anywhere from 15-17 grains per gallon.

I'm certain you know but make sure you are adding the proper amount of dishwasher soap (we never want to over do it since it may not all all rinse off) That also creates spottage. Although you have a Softener I would still use your Air Dry feature (Save on you CPS Bill a little) and Jet Dry.

To rid any spotted glassware of Calcium spots you can give them a vinegar soaking which will remove most if not all of the spots. The others will go away in time. (You could always buy new glassware and skip the vinegar bath)

Oh and don't forget to give your Coffee Maker one more vinegar rinsing.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:30 AM

rd2007- I too am very sorry for your loss. We all know that our Pet's are a Big part of our Family. They want to be loved and ask nothing in return. There is no doubt that you did and you will contine to do so. It's great that pets can provide such comfort. I had a Sheltie for 16 years and to this day I find it very emmotinal to talk about her. She was my Rock when life wasn't going as planned. For her to know that I was feeling bad and come up and lay her head upon me is without words. I know that you experienced the same.

When you have time please read Rainbow Bridge and you will know she is again running and playing with the other's. Hopefully she has met my dog Sarah.

Again I am SO VERY SORRY.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Too lazy to take your sick animal to the vet? Eek.

I'm sorry if this comes across as judgmental and speech-like, but I'm tired of pet owners not keeping better tabs on their animals. I have two dogs and a cat. If any of them are not acting themselves, not eating, losing weight, etc, I would have them at the vet pronto. Pets (especially cats) can sometimes just pull away, go downhill health-wise quickly and die before you know something was wrong.

I hope this all turns out well for your dog. I really do. I also hope that if you have children, you're not 'too lazy' to take them to the doctor when they get sick.

BN
Those were some very rotten words and should I say it was very rude to make that judgement call. That really helps someone at a time like this and it's sad that rd had to see your comments. Shame, Shame on YOU. Need I say more? Oh I can but I have made my point.

Last edited by wellguy; 03-14-2010 at 06:50 AM..

Old 03-14-2010, 10:02 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
Thank you all and that Rainbow Bridge was nice. I really hope to see her again one day and so wish I could turn back time right now. It is very difficult because it pulls me in all different directions. On one side I know she lived a much better life because of us and other people I'll never know. Her and her sister were strays that were rescued and then adopted by us. Her "kennel cough" cost much more money than most people would be willing to spend, even though keeping that under control with the one medicine probably lead to her early death. I will not talk about this anymore, though, because I'm sure it is getting old and it really hurts too much still.
One last thing, though, is I would like all pet owners to realize that giving pets table scraps and human food is an awful thing to do. I always knew this, but enjoyed seeing the little smile on their faces when they tasted all that goodness. Seeing the last few minutes of my Socks life was not worth any of that, though. I will never know how much of a factor that ended up being, but the guilt will be with me forever.
I would also like everyone to know that animals can become diabetic. It is pretty rare, but it can happen and it is devastating to the body. I found out I was diabetic last year and took four classes on it to learn what it is and how to control it. If left on its own, it will tear everything apart inside your body. It was harder to recognize in my dog, though. Now that she is not here, I know why they were going through so much water, but before I just figured five dogs would drink a lot of water. That is the easiest sign for both humans and animals. The rest of the signs are more internal and harder to recognize. So if you see a significant increase in water intake for yourself, anyone around you, or your animals, get it checked quick. A simple blood test is all it takes to figure out where you stand and it can definitely save your life.
BTW, look up what diabetes mellitus actually means for an interesting trivia fact.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:55 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Those were some very rotten words and should I say it was very rude to make that judgement call.
Dang, no kidding!

Old 03-14-2010, 07:01 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
On another topic (forgive me ) does anyone here think $50 every two weeks is expensive for mowing, trim, and clean-up? It's a 10K square foot cul-de-sac lot. Thanks!!

Old 03-14-2010, 07:08 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,048,207 times
I'm still quite surprised about the post regarding rd's dog. I can't believe a person would post something as nasty as what was posted.

rd, sorry for your loss. My old girl is getting up there in age and she will be missed just as much as your dog is.

Last edited by HillCountryHotRodMan; 03-14-2010 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: self restraint

Old 03-14-2010, 07:55 PM

Calling All SAWS Customer's. Do you want to earn a $5.00 credit on your Water Bill and at the same time make a $5.00 donation to Project Agua? (A Payment assistance program for those less fortunate)

Visit www.saws.org and at the bottom left of the page you will see Fix a Leak Rebate. Click on that icon and all the information is there.

It's a great way for SAWS Customer's to conduct a quick simple check to see if you have any leaks. The best part though is the $5.00 donation SAWS will contribute to Project Agua.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:57 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
I'm still quite surprised about the post regarding rd's dog. I can't believe a person would post something as nasty as what was posted.

rd, sorry for your loss. My old girl is getting up there in age and she will be missed just as much as your dog is.
One must consider the source. Even "I" wouldn't post something like that...and I'm known to be a little edgy around here.

Last edited by firstclassflyer; 03-14-2010 at 08:09 PM..

Old 03-14-2010, 08:47 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
"She's Out of My League" was a very cute movie. Great chemistry between the two main characters and his buddies were extremely funny. Got a little far-fetched there towards the end (WHY do they do that??) but overall it was really good. They could have left some of the dumb stuff out and put some more "real" stuff in and it would be an awesome movie. The girl in the lead part is just gorgeous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio