Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2010, 04:49 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,325 times

Advertisements

Good Morning,

A few days ago I noticed several Grubs in our yard. As we all know they will destroy St. Augustine Grass by eating the roots.

I need to attack those little devils but I have no idea what to buy. I have heard the Green Light and Bayer make good Grub Control Granular Products.

What do you all suggest besides removing our water loving grass??

Thank you,

Old 04-23-2010, 07:08 AM

874 posts, read 2,893,558 times
Organic route to combat grubs would be beneficial nematodes. You can get them at Rainbow Gardens and I'm sure elsewhere as well. Mix them with some water, put in a hose end sprayer, and douse the area(s) in question.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffy888 View Post
Organic route to combat grubs would be beneficial nematodes. You can get them at Rainbow Gardens and I'm sure elsewhere as well. Mix them with some water, put in a hose end sprayer, and douse the area(s) in question.

Thank you for the suggestion. I completely forgot about the nematodes and their effectiveness.

I really had the idea of having to use any sort of chemicals on our yard. We don't have any small children but we have a dog who loves being outside.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffy888 View Post
You know I have been seeing alot of turned over mulch which I placed around our trees and in the flowerbeds. I just came in from digging in the mulch and have found several grubs in those areas. I never gave it much thought but I bet they are from opossums and or skunks eating those darn grubs. I thought maybe it was our dog since she is smaill and so are the dug areas.

Thanks Again

Old 04-23-2010, 07:40 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Death at a Funeral:

Hilarious. The cast of characters is truly a funny combo, with some really good actors portraying them. The humor was juvenile at times, but that won't stop you from laughing out loud at some of the audacity. I haven't laughed this hard (or heard a whole audience laughing so hard) in a long time. If you just want to feel better about your life for a couple of hours, go see it.

How to Train Your Dragon, 3-D:

Excellent! Great story about a kid who is really trying to prove to his father that he's worthy. You will fall in love with the dragon. Might be a little too intense for the really young kids....but 7 or 8 and up should have no problem with it. Very nice movie.

Up next--Date Night. Can't believe I haven't seen it yet. I watched "Sunshine Cleaning" for the second time last night and I just love that movie. Amy Adams is adorable.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:57 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
Is there actually a rule that prohibits any woman under 300 pounds from attending today's parade? The view the news camera gave me could have easily confused anyone in to thinking the parade was held at some farm somewhere..

and is there no shame with the scooters around here? I swear every time I go to HEB there's more and more of them and these people do not have anything wrong with them. They constantly stand up to get stuff and you can see them get into their cars that don't have handicap permits. They're just extremely lazy and seriously nasty looking.
I did not see one scooter the entire time I was in Michigan now that I think about it..

Old 04-23-2010, 08:46 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,709,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Is there actually a rule that prohibits any woman under 300 pounds from attending today's parade? The view the news camera gave me could have easily confused anyone in to thinking the parade was held at some farm somewhere..

and is there no shame with the scooters around here? I swear every time I go to HEB there's more and more of them and these people do not have anything wrong with them. They constantly stand up to get stuff and you can see them get into their cars that don't have handicap permits. They're just extremely lazy and seriously nasty looking.
I did not see one scooter the entire time I was in Michigan now that I think about it..
^THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

RD. What are you talking about? Did you even go? THE H*LL you doing there?

Edit: Nvm. I see you were watching the news.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:07 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
I wonder how such map would look like over US ...
Watch Air Traffic - LIVE!
( use cursor to move the map )

Old 04-24-2010, 07:05 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
more fuel for my scooter rant.. Lack of wheelchair ramp keeps local woman trapped in apartment | kens5.com | San Antonio News, Weather, Sports, Traffic, Entertainment, Video and Photos

My wife and I were watching it on the news last night and getting more pi$$ed off by the minute. The lady is just lazy and wants to complain. She gets up and walks, so she isn't paralyzed or anything. Disgusting!

Old 04-24-2010, 07:49 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,709,092 times
Went to Sea Island yesterday and after my coworkers and I walked out, a "homeless" man on crutches walks up to us and asks for money. I was about to give him some when my friend said NO. So, the guy picks up his crutches and walks away, lol.

Some people like to abuse the system, RD. Now we just need to watch Obamacare and see what happens (not a political statement, just sayin'...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio