Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2010, 10:58 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,122,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
@ Lu and I love, love Depeche Mode, always have, always will.
Love Depeche Mode! Do you like New Order as well? Moenia is a Mexican Electronic group popular outside of the US, they sound a little like new wave/electronic. You may want to check them out; love them!

Old 11-12-2010, 11:25 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times
And Joy Division too! Checking out Moenia now. There is also Fangoria from Spain though I do not really listen to them.

New Wave is back! Well some indie bands definitely have the sound.

Here are some more you can find on youtube, I would link but it keeps showing the whole video, which I don't want so many huge squares on my post, search if interested, enjoy.

Selebrities - Time

Horrors - Mirror's Image

Coolrunnings - I am You

Computer Magic - About You

Metronomy - The End Of You Too

That last one is perfect music for the Autobahn.

God, now I wish someone was here to dance with me, got to do it alone. Fun, fun!!!

Old 11-12-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
And Joy Division too! Checking out Moenia now. There is also Fangoria from Spain though I do not really listen to them.

New Wave is back! Well some indie bands definitely have the sound.

Selebrities - Time

Horrors - Mirror's Image

Coolrunnings - I am You

Computer Magic - About You

Metronomy - The End Of You Too

That last one is perfect music for the Autobahn.
Check out Buy Synthpop and Electro Pop CDs at A Different Drum - all things indie based out of Utah if you haven't checked it out yet!
I haven't heard of any of the bands you posted but I'm excited; always eager to find new bands.

There is also Intuition, Mesk (from the UK), The Notwist, Iris (based in Austin and Chiago).

Old 11-12-2010, 02:02 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Gary Numan, the father of electronic music...

Met him in Frankfurt, German prior to a concert back in the late 90s. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, very friendly, likes to joke around and loves to talk about cars and flying. What was odd is that shortly after his stage persona was completely different, very dark and brooding; but was still a great concert and not only did a I get an autograph, I also got the playlist from the stage floor!

I've been a fan of his for well over 30 years.

Cheers! M2

Old 11-12-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Gary Numan, the father of electronic music...

Met him in Frankfurt, German prior to a concert back in the late 90s. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, very friendly, likes to joke around and loves to talk about cars and flying. What was odd is that shortly after his stage persona was completely different, very dark and brooding; but was still a great concert and not only did a I get an autograph, I also got the playlist from the stage floor!

I've been a fan of his for well over 30 years.

Cheers! M2
He's got a good sound. I like!

Old 11-13-2010, 03:16 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,713,106 times
Quote:
Oh, man..... *sigh*

Heard of so many cases like this already; questions arising on account of DNA.....it's disheartening.....but only for a few seconds because then the fire within flares-up again. The Fire Of A Certain Calling.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd33 View Post
You two might have more fun in a chat room
Nah, not me anyway. I don't do "chat" nor have I for years. I much prefer a slower pace, heh.....

Quote:
@ Lu and I love, love Depeche Mode, always have, always will.
Whoaaaaa.....same here, Merovee. ALWAYS. I *love* 'em, ha.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqrKxBhKdFM

Quote:
Reminds me of Sylvia Plath but of course with such cryptic comments it is my own mental chatter filling in the blanks.

I like the last couple of posts very much. Poetic.
Yeah, agreed. Impressive.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Love Depeche Mode! Do you like New Order as well? Moenia is a Mexican Electronic group popular outside of the US, they sound a little like new wave/electronic. You may want to check them out; love them!
Love New Order too, skeet, heh.....Moenia is also very good.....

AMDUSCIA is from Mexico City; I don't recall if I already posted this video here already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twq5wZWc2yI

Old 11-13-2010, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
He's got a good sound. I like!
Gary rocks too.......

Old 11-13-2010, 03:41 AM

Krazy link.......

Pundit Kitchen: Lol News and Lol Sarah Palin, Barack Obama, John McCain, Joe Biden and more

Old 11-13-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodLu View Post
Love New Order too, skeet, heh.....Moenia is also very good.....
AMDUSCIA is from Mexico City; I don't recall if I already posted this video here already:
AMDUSCIA? Never heard but I will give them a listen. Always good to hear from fellow electronic lovers. Thanks for hint!

Old 11-13-2010, 08:41 PM

Rock on, skeet.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio