Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 09:21 AM

3,109 posts, read 9,838,690 times

Advertisements

BudB & GWhopper:
I think Jones kids might have gone to Jeff. I know each year, we had our Monticello party there where the annual was distributed to the students and we would go around each other and get autographs from fellow students. I picked up my 1960 and 1961 annual at the Kit kat Klub.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 12:39 PM

4 posts, read 14,339 times
Default Serna elementary

I was a student for 1 year at Serna Elementary on Loop 410 back around '73. I would have been a part of the Mac class of 85. If anyone remembers, I was in Ms. Copelands class at Serna, and if you got sent to the principal, Ms. Gerza, you got the paddle. I was wondering if anyone had any info on the old white house just adjacent to the school. It was on the West side, and back then it was in disrepair. Being young, we all thought it was haunted, and if you kicked the ball over the fence during kickball/recess, you were screwed. Any info?

Old 06-26-2009, 01:32 PM

5 posts, read 15,261 times
Default FrostBros

Thought i'd share some photos taken about a month ago in tribute
to the Rhodes/Liberty House/Frost Bros department store building at Wonderland.

Now, does anyone have any photos of the Liberty House interior or exterior that was here in San Antonio.... ?

Old 06-26-2009, 01:35 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,825,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I specifically remember going there in the summer of 1984 with my girlfriend. It was one of those summers you don't forget, probably the last great summer of my youth. In 1984, they started doing a pizza buffet on Tuesday or Wednesday nights. I remember her little sister went with us once, she was like 9 or 10 at the time. The little sister ate a WHOLE pizza all by herself and was so proud of it!
My wife just told me she was PG with our twins last time we went to Fargo's. Would have been 1984 later half. Think they (Fargo's) were gone soon after.
Which now has me wondering When did Chucky Cheese and Show Biz crank up here??

Old 06-26-2009, 01:55 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,838,690 times
Here's a corporate history of Chuck E. Cheese. I know they were here in early 80's.

Chuck E. Cheese - Company Info - History

1977-The first Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza Time Theatre opens in San Jose, California
1980-The first ShowBiz Pizza restaurant opens in Kansas City1984Chuck E. Cheese's merges with ShowBiz to create ShowBiz Pizza Time, Inc.
1985-Under new leadership, unprofitable units are closed, financial restructuring is undertaken, and a new focus is placed on food quality, guest satisfaction and marketing
1986-Sales increase as restaurants are remodeled and a new marketing strategy begins
1989-ShowBiz Pizza Time becomes publicly traded

Old 06-26-2009, 10:51 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,433,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I specifically remember going there in the summer of 1984 with my girlfriend. It was one of those summers you don't forget, probably the last great summer of my youth. In 1984, they started doing a pizza buffet on Tuesday or Wednesday nights. I remember her little sister went with us once, she was like 9 or 10 at the time. The little sister ate a WHOLE pizza all by herself and was so proud of it!
I also think that Shakeys and Fargo's were here at the same time and I think fargos closed in the late 80's.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
I also think that Shakeys and Fargo's were here at the same time and I think fargos closed in the late 80's.
You may be right, I am pretty sure the first Fargo's I went to was in Thunderbird Hill's. Near Southwest Research. Off Callaghan. I'm thinking mid 70's. Friend of mine's brother worked as SWRI and lived in T Hill's. We'd stay there on an occasion after a wild night at Randy's Rodeo!! Last Pizza Inn I recall was on SW Military Drive across from Kelly up on Security Hill! Was it you Will that said that was a Pizza Inn at I-35 and Military?

Old 06-26-2009, 11:32 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Was it you Will that said that was a Pizza Inn at I-35 and Military?
Yes there was....I ate pizza there.....

Old 06-26-2009, 11:35 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
You may be right, I am pretty sure the first Fargo's I went to was in Thunderbird Hill's. Near Southwest Research. Off Callaghan. I'm thinking mid 70's. Friend of mine's brother worked as SWRI and lived in T Hill's. We'd stay there on an occasion after a wild night at Randy's Rodeo!!
I believe there was a Fargo's in the shopping center at Callaghan & Culebra in that time frame.....I've been in SA longer than anyone thinks...

Old 06-27-2009, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
I believe there was a Fargo's in the shopping center at Callaghan & Culebra in that time frame.....I've been in SA longer than anyone thinks...
Yep!! I guess it was Culebra and Callaghan there was a Movie theater on north end of the business center and Fargo's was on the south end. What was it Benrus that came up off Bandera to that area !! Been a long time used to know that area pretty good. We were going to Randy's 72' and 73' ish!! We went to that Fargo's probably 74' or 75' not long after that they built one at Flores and Military Dr. Hey D.F, remember the little bar across Callaghan from Fargo's?? One of those cover names in case someone asked where you were. I can't remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio