Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2012, 09:25 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,799 times

Advertisements

Besides being mentioned earlier in this thread, here are a few of the main threads where these have been discussed before here in the City-Data San Antonio Forum:

Donkey Lady

Abandoned Mansions

Scary or fun childhood memories: A place for Urban Legends and stories from San Antonio.

Haunted in San Antonio

However, there are several more threads where these were also mentioned here in this San Antonio Forum that you might be interested in. To find, you must perform a search:

- Go to the top of the page and click on Search
- Enter keyword(s) to perform search on (i.e., Donkey Lady or Midget Mansion)
- Go down to Search Options and change Sort Results by to Last Posting Date
- Below that under Show Results by, click on either Threads or Posts
- Go over to Search in Forums section and click on San Antonio
- Click on Search Now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 06:33 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
I tried going there in high school and they informed me i had to be 21, it was a pre dave and busters.
I went there one time as a kid. It was actually much more upscale than D&B's. It was a shame it never caught on. I remember the food was pretty good.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69GSstage1 View Post
I noticed Rod East VW has changed its name to VW of Alamo Heights. A long time ago, it used to be Rod East VW and Northwood Porsche -Audi. Yet another entry into the annals of Gone but not Forgotten San Antonio.
I don't miss them too much. By the early 2000's their we're a bunch of crooks, at least the guys running the Audi dealership. They were selling Audi TTs, when they were hot, back on '01, for $9,000 above sticker price, which was against the rules set forth by Audi itself. I bought one in Austin, saved the $9,000. There was soon after that a recall on the tires that came with the TT, I was notified about this via a CERTIFIED letter from Audi itself. I took it over to Rod East, and they claimed they knew of no such recall, and refused to replace the tire. I went back to my office and wrote an email to Audi customer support notifying them of Rod East's refusal and mentioned the $9,000 premium they were asking for the TT.Within an hour Rod East was calling me and asking to bring the car over ASAP for my own saftey and giving me a loaner for a week while they ordered the tire. A year later Rod East lost the Audi dealership and Cavender picked it up. I always hope I had something to do with that.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
That was the steak back in the day, I never thought they would never be around. Went there many times as a kid, I miss that great steak.
They still have them out west. I ate at one in Colorado two years ago. It's nothing like it was, more like slimmed down slightly higher-end Golden Corral now.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69GSstage1 View Post
I think you mean Sun Harvest. Recently the store merged with another company to become Sprout's. If I remember correctly, there was another Sun Harvest on Fredericksburg Rd. just outside Loop 410.
That was actually owned by Judge and former mayor Nelson Wolf's family.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I remember the Night Hawk or Night Hawk's .... Steak and Ale's and of course Chelsea Street Pub. South park Mall had a Chelsea Street Pub.
I posted this in the old GBNFf thread. Happy to post it again, it's an interesting history.

The Flight of the Night Bird: Harry Akin and the Night Hawk Legend - Food - The Austin Chronicle

Old 08-16-2012, 03:54 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,431,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I went there one time as a kid. It was actually much more upscale than D&B's. It was a shame it never caught on. I remember the food was pretty good.
I remember a commercial with the coyote playing games there, man wish they would have stuck around longer.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
I remember a commercial with the coyote playing games there, man wish they would have stuck around longer.
It was called River City Something. I don't think it was amusements, River City Food and Games maybe?

Old 08-16-2012, 08:37 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,431,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
It was called River City Something. I don't think it was amusements, River City Food and Games maybe?
River City Fair if I recall, yeah tried going once and shut out. My cousin said it was one of the coolest places in town.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,479 times
Default Giant Cheese/Slide at Chuck e Cheese in 80's

Does anyone remember a giant cheese with a slide attached to it at the Chuck e Cheese on SW Military Drive? This would have been in the 80's and was located towards the back of the facility. I remember it looked like a big swiss cheese with holes in it and it was kind of like a little maze or something. It looked huge at the time but I assume it was because we were small. Would be cool to see pics of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio