Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 07:49 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
I all but lived in the area of the Electric Park and have never heard of it. From San Pedro Park south there would have been Andy Anders Rambler, Hemphill Ford and then S.I.DuBose Floors. The park would have been behind DuBose Floors. I've never even seen the buildings like in the pic. Amazing how things change.
I thought about the old Rambler dealersip while looking for Electric Park. Did you ever hear the area being referred to as "Electric Park"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 07:54 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,545,491 times
It is confusing. I think Andy Anders was on San Pedro. Look down the map and you can see 5 points. Repeat at Petes and the fried Rabbit place. Crockette park is still there (I think). I think this is all north of 35.If Dubose is what I am thinking of then it was just north of 35. I used to buy scrap carpet there for my car restorations. Sherman electronics was in that area too. It was a Studibaker dealership first. Just my thoughts.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:22 PM

I think Andy Anders added Jeep to there sign in their last years. Repete at Pete's and the Skillet Fried Rabbit joint. Is that sign still up? On the other side of downtown... I still think it's neat finding out the Rosario's building was a dealership early on. I traveled the area a lot as a kid and don't recall. Before my time probably. Shermans...hated to see them go. There was a tool place near there?? Power tools sales/repairs forgot the name??

Old 01-08-2013, 08:43 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,545,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I think Andy Anders added Jeep to there sign in their last years. Repete at Pete's and the Skillet Fried Rabbit joint. Is that sign still up? On the other side of downtown... I still think it's neat finding out the Rosario's building was a dealership early on. I traveled the area a lot as a kid and don't recall. Before my time probably. Shermans...hated to see them go. There was a tool place near there?? Power tools sales/repairs forgot the name??
There was a tool place close to Shermans. I think they sold wheels or pulley's or something. Stop doing this to me. I Won't be able to sleep!

Old 01-08-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwangle View Post
There was a tool place close to Shermans. I think they sold wheels or pulley's or something. Stop doing this to me. I Won't be able to sleep!
You'll be fine. Don't recall them selling wheels and pulleys.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 PM

4,328 posts, read 7,235,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwangle View Post
Otto Dukes?

Old 01-08-2013, 09:14 PM

That's it Otto Dukes! Thanks!

Old 01-08-2013, 09:31 PM

265 posts, read 534,615 times
@SATX56-- you beat me to the punch--yes it was Otto Dukes.... Now before my time I was told by a longtime Sherman's employee that the building was once used as an auto dealership. On several occasions I got to 'go upstairs' into their warehouse and it clearly had an indoor parking garage, complete with level to level wrap around ramps. They used to use a cannibalized VW flatbed to haul inventory from floor to floor.
I miss Sherman's too and later Electrotex at IH-10 and Hildebrand. Good sources to feed my radio hobby.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John911 View Post
@SATX56-- you beat me to the punch--yes it was Otto Dukes.... Now before my time I was told by a longtime Sherman's employee that the building was once used as an auto dealership. On several occasions I got to 'go upstairs' into their warehouse and it clearly had an indoor parking garage, complete with level to level wrap around ramps. They used to use a cannibalized VW flatbed to haul inventory from floor to floor.
I miss Sherman's too and later Electrotex at IH-10 and Hildebrand. Good sources to feed my radio hobby.
Not me! ged 782. Modern Electrotex used to be in 5 points then moved to Hildebrand. Yeah didn't know all that about Sherman's. I too had a radio and electronics hobby. There's another interesting building on N.Alamo near Third I think.. I'd like to know it's history. Two story with open area in front half of lower floor (sheltered by upper floor). Being used for apartments last I saw it years ago. Maybe the area referred to as Irish Flats in early 1900's.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:51 PM

Reminds me John there was a Gemtronics (if I recall the name correctly) on Fredricksburg Road. Just behind Cool Crest Mini Putt, back in the later 70's. There was a German Electronics in, I think, the ground floor of the Emily Morgan or Medical Arts Bldg. Had to go there for a DIN plug back in CB days. Late 60's or very early 70's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio