Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 08:52 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,874,074 times

Advertisements

Isn't that U-Haul still on top of a pole?

What about the piano on a pole at Alamo Music on Main and Martin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 03:25 PM

47 posts, read 87,734 times
I remember a club called KRAMERS that had a Chevy on a pole. There was a VW place that had a bug on a pole. I remember Earl Schibe had his ugly face on a bill board. (The 29.95 Earl Schibe paint job). Who can forget the loaf of ButterKrust bread with the endless slices.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellviewforever View Post
I remember a club called KRAMERS that had a Chevy on a pole. There was a VW place that had a bug on a pole. I remember Earl Schibe had his ugly face on a bill board. (The 29.95 Earl Schibe paint job). Who can forget the loaf of ButterKrust bread with the endless slices.
San Pedro right by the bridge.

Speaking of what about the wonderful aroma of fresh ButterKrust bread? I only wish I kept my ruler and pencil from the field trip.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:46 PM

47 posts, read 87,734 times
I went to grade school with a kid whose father worked there. I got to tour it with the cub scouts. A wonderful memory I will never forget. I remember at the beginning of the school year we would get book covers from local manufacturers. I remember Metzgers milk and Butterkrust bread. The Butterkrust covers had the Blue Gingham girl smiling. First thing we would do is blacken her teeth! What fun we had!

Old 04-11-2013, 04:12 PM

847 posts, read 2,231,045 times
Quote:

Who can forget the loaf of ButterKrust bread with the endless slices.
yessir. just to the north west of Hildebrand/San Pedro.

SIKK - painted a cockroach on one of the slices.

Sweetie knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post

San Pedro right by the bridge.

Speaking of what about the wonderful aroma of fresh ButterKrust bread?

I only wish I kept my ruler and pencil from the field trip.

yeah, the wonderful aroma.

what's that old saying??

wish in one hand.

excrete in the other.

see which one fills up first.......

pencils and rulers....

seems I have 100s.

bread. bowling alleys. beer. lumber yards. etc.

just snapped these ButterKrust specially for you..........

Last edited by *mud*; 04-11-2013 at 04:28 PM..

Old 04-11-2013, 05:25 PM

Awesome memories with those pencil pics. Cool ring btw, what kind of coin is that?

I also remember the book covers. By junior high we began to put them on inside out so we could write or draw on the blank space.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:42 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,136,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *mud* View Post
yessir. just to the north west of Hildebrand/San Pedro.

SIKK - painted a cockroach on one of the slices.

Sweetie knows.

Made me laugh every time I drove past it.

Fun times!

Old 04-11-2013, 09:50 PM

263 posts, read 479,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
Made me laugh every time I drove past it.

Fun times!
I too remember this sign when it was at it's original spot.Across the express-way was St.Mary's Skating Rink,and who can foreget "FRANZ"Ice House,with the coldest soda's in the downtown area.Anyone re-call a cafe called "THIS IS IT"Diner?

Old 04-11-2013, 09:54 PM

263 posts, read 479,993 times
Quote:
Does anybody remember Newby's? It was trendy. I had really long hair and needed it cut but I was AFRAID!! Can anybody remember being afraid of a HAIRCUT! Silly. I asked him what he was going to do and he said DON"T WORRY YOU WILL LOVE IT!! I ran out as fast as I could. I ended up going to MERRITS at CENTRAL PARK . I liked those guy's. There was a woman who cut hair there too. I liked the way she cut my hair. Barbers are not all alike!
I think Newby's started at house on Fredrickburg rd, near Wurzbach rd.close to now Taco Cabana,I could be wrong.I usualy went to GREAT EXPECTATION'S at INGRAM MALL.SHE was a VERY good hairstylist back in '84

Last edited by albert soliz; 04-11-2013 at 10:34 PM..

Old 04-12-2013, 08:14 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,136,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert soliz View Post
I too remember this sign when it was at it's original spot.Across the express-way was St.Mary's Skating Rink,and who can foreget "FRANZ"Ice House,with the coldest soda's in the downtown area.Anyone re-call a cafe called "THIS IS IT"Diner?
We were talking about the B.K. Billboard on SanPedro just N. on Hildebrand over the RR track bridge. A friend stuck a giant roach on one of the slices of bread. It stayed up there for a couple of years, I think. It was hilarious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio