Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 07:14 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
belated to the Bill of Rights. They turned 220 years old earlier this month.
I get to pick on you again, RD. Wrong place to post that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 02:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,500 times
Don't worry CameraGirl, not all San Antonians are too pretentious to appreciate a place like IHOP Cafe. I live near the place and have gone a couple of times. I thought it was a cool concept and would like to see it do well. You forgot to mention that it is in Castle Hills and offers outdoor seating under shady oak trees. I think this will be a welcoming place to sit on a summer day and enjoy the passing by of a more relaxed environment.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:17 AM

237 posts, read 601,110 times
Cameragirl--forums are not for the super sensitive. Also, you made a dig on the Starbucks customers in your op.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:40 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,699,444 times
Cameragirl, thank you for your review of this place. I'm sure that's all that you meant for this post to be, a "hey there's a new place, I liked it, it was good, FYI" the end. I'm sorry so many people have turned it into something more and have offended you. I agree though...with this board particularly, you need a thick skin. I think some people must get a kick out of making others feel bad, what a shame. I guess you need to let those comments roll off your back and understand that they are probably dealing with issues in their life that make them mean spirited and maybe a tad immature. Here's to the end of the bickering on this post and just taking it for what it was meant to be, a review of a restaurant.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:46 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Having just visited this innocent-sounding thread for the first time, I see that it is a great opportunity to remind members that City-Data's TOS says "We are here to help each other." Try to keep that in mind with every post you make.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:27 AM

616 posts, read 2,083,858 times
I was just excited to hear it has free wi-fi. Nerd that I am, I keep a list of places with free wi-fi on my computer. It's helpful when I have to meet up with other people from school to study, and we meet in other parts of town.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:02 PM
jdk

18 posts, read 87,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CameraGirl View Post
This is the most vicious forum. I honestly have no idea why I even try. Nearly every time I have posted on here I get slammed. You guys are truly a tough bunch. Thank you for your welcoming attitudes. I have to wonder why we moved here. Your tougher than thou and holier than thou ways are
really getting to me.

I just thought the restaurant was a really good idea and deserved our positive attention. I wanted to make the headline read fun enough- to possibly get people to explore a new idea/concept. I was temporarily feeling like reaching out again to my new neighbors and was even excited that the idea was getting it's start in my new home town. Why so many personal attacks SA??? I was just trying to be fun and positive. I think that I may have finally learned my lesson about posting here anymore.

No sweat, it's typical forum etiquette to be rude. Your thread title reminded me of something my wife would say Thanks for the recommendation.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:36 AM

322 posts, read 774,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAproud View Post
Don't worry CameraGirl, not all San Antonians are too pretentious to appreciate a place like IHOP Cafe. I live near the place and have gone a couple of times. I thought it was a cool concept and would like to see it do well. You forgot to mention that it is in Castle Hills and offers outdoor seating under shady oak trees. I think this will be a welcoming place to sit on a summer day and enjoy the passing by of a more relaxed environment.
Isn't calling it a "Cafe" kind of pretentious right there???

It's ok. But if you're going to call yourself a cafe you should have real silverware!! Everything was plastic! I told the guy at the counter I felt like I was at the airport: "Hurry with my order sir, I've got to get down to B92 in 15 minutes! We're about to board!"

The outdoor seating was nice, the silver dollar pancakes are a cute concept and tasty... the coffee was OK.. I had the chicken fajita omelet.. they were simply OK -- the chicken wasn't anything to brag about.

I might go back but it won't top my list of breakfast joints.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:49 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,187 times
Went by a few days ago and I think that the staff goes out of their way to assist.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:56 AM

284 posts, read 759,276 times
I also doubt I'd eat anywhere described as "cute, yummy" or "comfy".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio