Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 03:50 PM

102 posts, read 265,865 times

Advertisements

I am moving from Austin to San Antonio and i will be working for a national pizza chain delivering pizzas as a part time job. I would like some ideas and views on which areas of town would be good for tips. I am not opposed to working near Downtown/Monte Vista/Tobin Hill or King William/Southtown but would like to know if its more profitable for tips inside or outside of 410-Thanks for yalls input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 03:56 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,834,168 times
May be a tough one to search for, but I'm pretty sure we had an entire thread about tipping pizza delivery drivers...

Seems like the folks out on this side (near Sea World) were in the $3-5 tip range. I live in Trophy Ridge and see several different pizza drivers in here all week long. It's not just the tips, but the volume of orders too, I'd think. And this forum will only get you a random sampling. Why not call some of the pizza places and get their take on it as well if it's that important to know before you start working.

Now for my question: How do you KNOW you are working for a Natl Pizza Chain, yet you don't know which one yet?

Good luck!

Old 04-06-2009, 04:06 PM

I am already working with this chain here in Austin and i intend to work with them in San Antonio. Generally this chain is always looking for drivers no matter the location. Volume is important but location is affected by how many drivers they already have-less drivers-but steady amount of orders can mean good tips-especially "double orders" and having more drivers at the store can work against the driver if hes only taking single orders

Old 04-06-2009, 04:10 PM
djw

aaahhh, I see! Thanks for the education. I may need it as I transition to jobless this fall!!

Here's the other thread I was talkin' bout: //www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...-delivery.html

if it isn't clear where folks are posting from, you may try DMing them...

Cheers!

Old 04-06-2009, 04:19 PM

Here in Austin-its common to receive tips from $1-3 on average-there are some $5 tippers but seems to have really tapered off from last fall with the $5-10 tippers-they have become rare. With this in mind-you will need to do at least 10-15 deliveries over a 4-5 hour period to make around $50. I enjoy the work with the customers but the "side work" inside the store can be a little hard. But all in all compared to having a boss over your shoulder-(i used to do customer service)-i prefer this job a lot more.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:21 PM

431 posts, read 1,203,842 times
I worked for Papa John's and Little Caesar's through college. After helping out with different stores in various parts of the north side, I can safely say:

The nicer parts of Sonterra and the areas around Huebner/Blanco in general were good....but traffic is BAD there now. I would say it is not worth it to be a delivery driver for pizza in the Stone Oak Area.

The safest bet (traffic and tipwise) would be from Huebner, Bitters, Blanco, etc south of 1604, between I-10 and 281.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:34 PM

Yeah its important that you can make the deliveries in a reasonable time and not be too affected by the traffic. Also some chains are stronger then others im sure in the San Antonio area. Both of these things need to be considered in choosing an area to work in along with driver safety from areas that may not be so safe.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:10 PM

I would also like any opinions on the safety of delivering in the intown neighborhoods.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:37 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,981,665 times
Funny you should ask, we just got two pies and a two liter bottle of Sunkist delivered from "a national chain."

My wife said it was $23, but when the guy showed up with them he said it was $32! The girl on the phone must've transposed the numbers.

I still thought it was a bit expensive, as one was a large cheese and the other a large sausage and pineapple, but I don't blame the driver and gave him $5.

The next time I will run to WalMart and pick up some DiGiorno's for a fraction of the price, but both the wife and I are suffering from the high cedar allergens so I thought it would give her a break from making dinner...

With these hardening economic times, luxuries such as delivered pizza are gonna take a hit, if you ask me, especially at these prices!

Cheers! M2

Old 04-06-2009, 06:03 PM
djw

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Funny you should ask, we just got two pies and a two liter bottle of Sunkist delivered from "a national chain."

My wife said it was $23, but when the guy showed up with them he said it was $32! The girl on the phone must've transposed the numbers.

I still thought it was a bit expensive, as one was a large cheese and the other a large sausage and pineapple, but I don't blame the driver and gave him $5.

The next time I will run to WalMart and pick up some DiGiorno's for a fraction of the price, but both the wife and I are suffering from the high cedar allergens so I thought it would give her a break from making dinner...

With these hardening economic times, luxuries such as delivered pizza are gonna take a hit, if you ask me, especially at these prices!

Cheers! M2
Definitely! My 4-5 pies/month are down to 1 and some wings! But most of that is because my credit card company is nice enough to show me my yearly expenditures and the amount I was giving to "national pizza chain" was just SHOCKING!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: