Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 01:20 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times

Advertisements

Why turn this ugly? It's been such a refreshing thread, till now. Kill the bitterness, plz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 01:23 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,207,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Why turn this ugly? It's been such a refreshing thread, till now. Kill the bitterness, plz.
There's one in every crowd

Old 04-09-2009, 01:30 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,698,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
So is the idea that Wal-Mart should offer door to door pick up on all returns for any customer whom is unable to or does not have the proper transportation to return the item?

Courier Service:

San Antonio Courier Service
Absolutly! I can tell you there are many companies that I have bought things through that will return a product on their dime if you are not satisfied. Kitchenaid is one that comes to mind. They have EXCELLENT customer service and I tell everyone that I know about it. I had a product that broke after a few months, called their customer service, they sent me a package slip, had the UPS driver come pick it up at my house and sent me a new one. Also, another product of theirs kept breaking, I wasn't satisfied. I had it for over a year, called them up and got a full refund for the product after I sent it back! If everyone had CS like that, our world would be a much happier place!

THANK YOU SAPPHIRE! Let's not turn this bitter...somehow SOME people always find a way....

Old 04-09-2009, 01:52 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,673 times
I bought something thru home shopping that was defective and also an impossibly large item that I didnt have the means to take to the post office and send back on my own, so I called their customer service and they sent a UPS truck to the house to pick it up for me. I think that is what the OP was wanting to get out of Walmart, which IMO isnt necessarily unreasonable if the item is defective.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:35 PM

434 posts, read 1,123,563 times
If anyone has not seen the Walmart documentary, it is a must see. It really shows what they are concerned with, and that's the bottom line and only the bottom line.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:42 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittergal View Post
If anyone has not seen the Walmart documentary, it is a must see. It really shows what they are concerned with, and that's the bottom line and only the bottom line.
That's all fine and good. However, this isn't the place for complaints against businesses--we get reminded of that ALL THE TIME. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, at all, but this thread is about a young couple--the male half of which LOST HIS LEGS--whether you believe what he's fighting for is a worthwhile cause or not is also for another forum--but the guy HAS NO LEGS. Holy crap--this forum turned out in droves to help this young couple out--because that's what it's like to live in San Antonio!! Anyone reading this who is undecided about moving here because they've heard this or that--stop right here. This is San Antonio--helping out our neighbors and holding our tongues about EVERYTHING ELSE.

Viva La San Antonio. I'm proud of us.

Haters hit the road.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:10 PM

19 posts, read 50,293 times
Hello again. What a twist this started to take! Anyway, since it is late on Thursday and easter is this weekend, next week sounds great. We're avaliable whenever you are... getting this thing to the store is the big deal... and we're not far from the closest Wal-Mart (and most of that is parking lots) sooo just let US know Thank you greatly all... Matt & Erica

Old 04-09-2009, 04:46 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times
Yeah, ignore the static, we've got you guys covered next week even if it is only me!

But fear not, I guarantee that this will be taken care of, and if it isn't, we'll be making the local news 'cause I don't quit fighting until we achieve victory!

I love this kind of stuff, I really do...

Cheers! M2

p.s. Oh, can you tell us which WalMart we will be taking it to? I plan to give them a head's up so they can have everything take care of before we arrive...

Old 04-09-2009, 05:22 PM

214 posts, read 501,856 times
I will also be helping with this return. 210-315-5129. 23, please give me a call so I can get your address.

Max, please get in touch with me on this as well so we can coordinate. We can use my truck or yours. It doesn't matter to me.

I am pretty furious, having just read this post for the first time.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:03 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23ericat View Post
haha I like you! Monday would be best or sometime next week... we won't be here for Easter. Family's close by and we're visiting. It's a surprise! shhh don't tell them. Now I feel bad I've been hoping to get some type of resolution and now WE'RE putting it off... sorry.
ohhh so you wont be here this weekend? hmmm I had everything ready to help tomorrow or Saturday. No biggie, then DM the times that youre usually available, and does Wal mart want the couch/futon disasembled, or shal we let them do it (go with option two )

Edit: Sorry for the long reply, Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Bo; 04-13-2009 at 07:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio