Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 06:26 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,830 times

Advertisements

hey guys, normally I dont dragg my personall Issues here, but today. I beat up some Luiseianan...

Here's what happend.

I was driving on a right lane, when some Idiot runs a stop sign (attempting to beat me to the road) I simply swerved ( I was doing 30) stared at him, and gave him the disapointed "I cant belive your stupid ass did that" look.

Well anyway, I did not honk at him, I did not flipp him off, I avoided any obscene gesture, well the Idiot decided to follow me to the gas station. I didnt realize he did so untill I started fueling up. So He pulls next to me, and starts running his mouth, at first I though (option 1 confrontation, Option 2 Walk away, and Option 3 Ignore) I went with three. So He gets angry over me ignoring him, so he decides to get off his car and approach me, He then calls me a ******* and I just laughed, and kept staring at the pump, while keeping him in the corner of my eye. So He then takes three steps towards me, and I decked him. I did not get all of it because he kinda leaned back, but it was enough to bust his lip. So that kinda stunned him and he leaned but did not fall, when He attempted to recover himself, I saw him winding up a punch towards me, I quickly swung as hard as I could with my left and got him in between his nose and lip, that was enough to send him to the ground.

I was about to loose control, and stomp the hell out of him, but I refrained, because I saw this guy was either, methed up, or real stupid. His mom, started yelling "youre going to kill my son im calling the police" but another old man stepped in, and told her that I had every right to defend myself.

I did not want to get involved with anysort of cops (I want my record clean) so I left. The lady said she was going to write down, the License plate, but I dont think she did.

This happened at around 2pm, and so far I havent heard anything.

So right now, I am wondering. I know about Castle Doctrine, but that only states if youre on your property. Will I be in trouble, if she took down my License plate, or shoud I have staed there and waited for the cops?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 06:36 PM

18,125 posts, read 25,266,042 times
First of all, I don't know much about this things, but ...
I think it was a mistake to leave, it's better to get everything resolved at the spot.
I hope you talked to somebody (a witness) just in case that this guy goes to the police station and say that you attacked him.
I would have written their license plate, too.

I swear that at least once a week I think I'm gonna end up in a fight with somebody because of the way people drive in San Antonio.
But I have the advantage that my car is worth less than $1000
A few trucks have tried to "bully" me on the road, and I just throw my car in the way and scare the s.... out of them.

So I completely understand your situation.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:39 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Well, first thing, glad you are OK. Second thing, IMO you should have stayed put. The cop could have reasoned the whole thing out--you're just pumping your gas and some crazy dude comes up and starts being aggressive with you. I know everyone bags on the cops, but I do give them some credit in these sorts of cases.

Good luck. I wouldn't worry about it much--if they show up, just calmly tell your side and hopefully it will all blow over.

Road rage sucks.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:24 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,408,536 times
Note the time and keep the gas receipt. Check to see if there are surveillance cameras at the station and how long they are kept.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:39 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,361,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
Note the time and keep the gas receipt. Check to see if there are surveillance cameras at the station and how long they are kept.
I have to agree with this. It doesn't matter now what you should have done.

One other option, if the gas station does have a surveillance camera, as many do now, tell them you want to file a police report for an assault while on their property. You might even go back there and ask if anyone witnessed it from inside. You did the right thing in restraining yourself as long as possible, but when he made aggressive steps toward you, you had the right to defend yourself. Just cover what bases you can at this time.

Anyone who has a mother sitting next to him while observing his behavior and then threatens to call the cops for him starting a fight is an adult child. He was proving to "mama" that he's all grown up. Sad.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:50 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,830 times
thanks you guys, I've been outside all day, and so far nothing, I doubt I could of got something done, he had out of state license plates. I fled, because the cops would ask for my information, which will later be easily accessible to the aggressor, this is the crappiest day ever ,

but other than that, I feel better. That I hope that guy learns his lesson, and stops with his nonsence.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:54 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,192,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Anyone who has a mother sitting next to him while observing his behavior and then threatens to call the cops for him starting a fight is an adult child. He was proving to "mama" that he's all grown up. Sad.
She should have been #2 on your list....

Old 04-09-2009, 10:55 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,192,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
thanks you guys, I've been outside all day, and so far nothing, I doubt I could of got something done, he had out of state license plates. I fled, because the cops would ask for my information, which will later be easily accessible to the aggressor, this is the crappiest day ever ,

but other than that, I feel better. That I hope that guy learns his lesson, and stops with his nonsence.
You have the right to self-defense.....

Old 04-09-2009, 11:17 PM

132 posts, read 286,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
She should have been #2 on your list....
hahahahahahaha awesome post....lol..to the OP..way to step up and defend yourself..gl with everything

Old 04-10-2009, 08:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
I don't think I would worry too much, but let's hope the station did have cameras. Most do you know..keep us posted.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio